Uni Rack + Motorcycles

that is…ridiculous…

what if you went down a steep driveway ramp - it would pop that bike right off!

Sometimes you can just strap it to the rest of your luggage:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7181690@N03/2935373602/

you guys need to ride real motorcycles.

scooter WTF?

I sold all of my motorcycles and replaced them with Vespas - they are much more fun and have plenty of power. I could stand to ride my Ducati for about an hour before getting horrible wrist pains - but on a Vespa Granturismo, you can ride all day.

Part of the lure of the ducati Is dealing with all it’s problems

I love mine.it’s uncomfy,however I can ignore that because of the preformance,and sheer joy of riding it.i’m lucky I live in the country.every road is 100km/h so I don’t have to worry about being uncomfy in slow moving traffic

My Ducati is great for about 200 miles. After that I start getting cramped up. My throttle hand is the worst. The longest I ever managed in one day is 400 miles. The last 150 were pretty uncomfortable. I don’t ride it much these days. I prefer to pedal.

Uh, we ride unicycles. Explain why we need real motorcycles? :slight_smile:

My dad had an MGB like that. Lots of people have Windows computers like that. :stuck_out_tongue:

The first time I saw a unicycle on the back of a motorcycle was the first time I saw unicycling great Floyd Crandall. He’s the guy who established all the early speed records for track racing (1970s) and was the first holder of the Guinness 100m record. He rode down from Pontiac to the Redford Township Unicycle Club one day in 1980 with his trusty Schwinn strapped to the back.

because unicycles are quite slow in comparison, have a slow uni/bicycle you need a fast motie to even it out

But you go the same distance either way. :smiley:

Although I agree a Duc isn’t the best way to go. Skip the crotch rockets, skip the infamously unreliable Harleys (yeah, that’s going to bring on some squawking, but I can handle it), and get a decent all-purpose Japanese bike. I ride a week at a time, all 500+ mile days, on my Suzuki V-Strom 650, with all sorts of stuff strapped on (uni would not be a problem), and go anywhere I want, on anything from interstate highways to jeep trails. :sunglasses:

AGREED

suzuki GS500E is my first bike (older model, 1992)

then when i get a little more confident im jumping up to the Triumph Thruxton 900.

cant wait,

i might get a side car so i can travel with the uni’s

With the jap bikes.yes there good but there so common.I’ve seen so many v stroms and Im not a fan.

Worst part with jap bikes is because there so common there resale value is terrible.I had a Suzuki gs 500- 2004.it had 20k and mint condition.when I sold it I got 3500,yet I paid 10k 2 Years before.I went to a show about trade in.they said 1500,I laughed and left.

I know that euro/exotic bike keep there value,and best of all there’s not as many on the road.

Just got a suziki scooter last sunday. today i made a rack that just bolts on where the carrier sits on the back. ill post some pics of it soon

Unicycle rack…

I’ve got an old Goldwing Interstate that works great for transporting my 36er. All of the roads around me within a 4 mile radius have no shoulder, and no sidewalk, so I almost always take my uni on the cycle. It’s great because it’s fun to ride the cycle, and then even more fun to ride the 36er! I just bungee it in two spots and it’s nice and secure.

Enjoy your cycles and your uni’s everyone!

Just found this pic today— a baby Ninja with a KH36 and road bike rack mounted to the rear. Looks like the same arrangement someone linked to in that mac gallery:

Do you take this on the interstate??

Yes, Chuck used that rig to come to the U Games road events, which involved at least 100 freeway miles round-trip.

so here it is. i took the original rack off and created this rack out of some lose steal lying arround. works perfectly and i havent had a problem. Its also good as it doesnt cover up the number plate or rear lights.

nice! that looks great!

do you secure the uni down at all or just leave it like that? i could see hitting a bump and the uni come flying out.

this is friggin crazy…

i feel like if i had a set-up like that here then the cops would pull me over and have something to say about it. doesnt this go against the insurance on your bike as well ( if that makes sense?) , cause you insured your motorcycle… not a motorcycle with a rack welded to it with a unicycle and a bike hanging off of it. so im just thinking it might sky rocket your insurance rates if you were pulled over or if they found out.

also it just looks dangerous!

yea i tie it on with a bungee cord