Uni in skate bag?

thats how i do it with my dakine Helipack with my koxx-one red devil

http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=298804
here is the bag
http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?page=gallery&g2_itemId=298800

i actually do it differently now, i hook the seatpost to another strap on the bag, but it gives u an idea. Anyways its quite easy try lots of different ways and find which suits u best.

I find that saddle down is annoying cause u always hit urself… but it depends on how high ur uni is, mine is very small like 90cm… so its real easy to fit.

Anyways i really recomend the dakine helipack, i got one with a 70oz water reservoir and its a really nice bag. Its true that sometimes it is abit small, its not a big bag, but i like to force myself to travel light…

You can try this: (I haven’t myself) Get a longish wide piece of webbing, like 2". Tie a loop in one end and stick the seat through it. Position the cranks so they are perpendicular to the frame and bring the webbing up and wrap it around the crank that is not going to be against your back. Bring the webbing through the wheel, past the axle, and tie it to the other crank. For that whole part try to keep the webbing taught. Now put the uni on you back with crank with the not on it against you. Swing the webbing over your shoulder and past your body like a courier’s bag. Tie a slip-not of the other end of webbing to the uni frame.

If you find the seat hitting you in the back of the legs you might want to take it and the post off and put the loop around the frame stem.

I used the earlier mentioned method of using a backpack, but I put my uni a bit higher, so the seat/tire was almost hitting the back of my head, and I had the cranks horizontal instead of straight up/down. W/ them up/down they dug into my back too much since I usually didn’t have anything in the pack. I just had to be a little careful taking the pack off and on so that the pinned pedals didn’t rip my clothes. I haven’t decided whether I preffer the wheel to be up or down.

Edit: you could also use a rope, but I think a wide webbing would be more comfortable.

If you’re talking about the Man-Strap thingy from last summer, then I think the most popular choice was for the strap around the seat handle and a pedal.

The second most popular choice was for a leopard skin efect strap with blue fur around the edges :slight_smile:

STM

Since you’re the one with the bag, why don’t you give it a try and tell us if it works, rather than have us speculate as to whether you unicycle will fit into a bag of un-specified size. But it sounds like it could be promising.

On another note, has anyone ever made a guitar-styled case for a unicyle? I always thought it would be cool if people thought you were carrying some sort of stringed instrument, then you pop out a unicycle and bust some moves… could be swicked.

Play the circus tune on the spokes while hand wheel-walking!

Bit of a thread jack but I rode most of the Llanberis route (if you mean the railway path) back in '97 I reckon (allowing for my fading memory) that I managed a good 75% on wheel, the bit under the railway doesn’t give me any particular nightmare memories, though the final 100-200m to the summit was just impossible.

I’ll check over with my co-pilot at the weekend and see what she remembers about it, but I’m pretty happy to say it was definately more than 25%. All this was on DM ringmaster 20" with a very nasty T-bar saddle.

Have they modified the Llanberis track extensively in the past couple years then ?

I don’t think so, but it’s possible that they put more stone on the path to stop erosion etc. that has actually made it harder to climb. For most of it the gradient isn’t an issue, just the very rough ground and stone steps etc.

Ummm… NO. Any mention of the Circus in reference to a MUni rider is just plain insulting. :smiley:

You don’t mention it, you just have to perform it.

Awesome, I knew someone had to have had ridden it a long time back. The final part you talk about is just so steep it’s hard to ride. The rest, if it didn’t have 6 inch rock steps all over it, would be not super steep at all. But it does have quite a lot of rock steps and very steep sections. You must be a pretty neat hopper to have made those sections. There are a few smooth sections in between, which are all rideable.

Joe

soft shell guitar style case

I have been looking into creating a soft shell guitar style case for unicycles. I did a search for “carrying case” and found this thread I hope no one minds me resurecting this thread. I’m going to attempt to create a prototype for my freestyle and my trials this coming weekend and will post pictures when I complete the prototype, I want to create a case that lets you carry your unicycle around comfortably with as little dissassembly as possible. I was thinking it should be styled something like the picture below. What do you think? Would this be a worth-while investment? If it were available for purchase in a size that would fit your unicycle would you buy it? Thanks for your feedback.

Untitled-1.jpg

Thats an awesome idea!
I would definentaly buy it :smiley:

Ive been wanting to wanting to bring my uni to school and everything… but its just waaay too akward shaped to carry around

A minimalized backpack that straps the uni on your back would be an awesome idea too :smiley:

I think next time I fly I will have to get a pawn shop special soft guitar case and see how a 20" fits. should be no problem with pedals and seat removed. A uni specific padded bag would be great for those who travel a lot with their unis.

I use a modified bodyboard bag for my 20" uni :

I would like to have something for a 24" Muni …

I just saw this on Jester’s site.

I saw that but I had some ideas to improve it and I would like to market it and maybe mass produce it eventually if the bag works the way I want it to. I would give more information but I don’t want to give away my idea to someone who has the ability to get it done before I do.

let’s just ask UDC to make an oversized banjo case. uni and banjoes are shaped similarly enough.

now ductapes if u could make soming very similar to this (http://www.unicyclejester.com/gallery/trips/CFM_07/PA260038.JPG.html)
then i would definatly buy it 200%. ive been looking for a bag like this for months. if you could make one that can hold a fully asemmbled 20" uni , on ur back with too straps just like a uni back pack that would be awsome. i would so buy one, i might knock up a few designs myself.

I currently have a “uni backpack” prototype in the works, I bought the canvas for it and everything else I need the last time I visited my grandparents, When I go down again I’ll get the first prototype all sown up and post some pictures. I’m considering making 3 different sized bags that fit different unicycles.I will release more details when the prototype is finished.

there is a unicycle-sized unicycle case though - M’GyPack and they were working on a 24" case, with custom options too.