Uni Geezer: "Coker-Cam Jam, thank you mamm!"

Or use two magnets on the wheel, then you get correct readings.

Coker speed is pretty close to 10mph per 100 rpm, so 2.5 revs per second (150rpm) is about 15mph as Terry guestimated.

I actually have the Garmin forerunner wrist-worn GPS system.

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/Pages/GARMIN/forerunner-205.html#features

It records actual current speed in reatime and is dead-on accurate. (I wasn’t wearing it when I made the video:()

Well the 150’s are good for learning to free mount and ride the coker, and many use the 150’s for off-road “coker MUni” as well because the longer 150’s give more torque for climbing and are easier to stop without a brake. But for distance riding, especially on mostly flat, I much prefer 125’s, which I got used to pretty quickly, to my surprise.

I’m ordering 110’s and maybe even shorter cranks so see what kind of max speed I can attain with those. The shorter the cranks, the faster you can go, but you give up some control as the cranks get shorter. And although the wheel rotates at the same speed regardles of the crank length, a person going 15mph with 150’s will be pedalling a lot faster and more likely to lose control, than a person going the same speed using 125’s. You could say the same thing about 125’s compared to 110’s, and 110’s compared to 89’s.

My friend just bought that same watch

[QUOTE=MuniAddict]
I actually have the Garmin forerunner wrist-worn GPS system.

Very cool. I’m envious.
:slight_smile: