Uni-Century story on CBS 2 News!

Scotland

Good luck with the ride.

I am organising a 100 mile ride round Loch Ness in Scotland in May 2011 if anyone wants to join me??

Will be a “Monster” of a ride :astonished:

Thanks Alan. Your upcoming ride sounds like a blast! I’ll bet even “Nessie” will be watching! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup feel free to come and join in…going to be a challenge, some big hills here :slight_smile:

Man, I’d love to attend, but alas, my life-long fear of flying has kept me from experiencing far too many great adventures! I know there are other means of transport, but they take too long and would interfere with job commitments. Once day (hopefully soon) when I retire, I’ll have more time to travel the world…by rail, sea, bus, car…anything but air! :o:(:slight_smile:

Have a great ride tomorrow! You are an inspiration to the over fifty gang ( and even the young guns!)

Thanks Dean! I’m pretty excited about it; I just hope I can sleep tonight, lol! I’m expecting at least a few ride-alongs…on two wheels anyway, haha. Most who have emailed me said they won’t be doing the whole century, but at least parts of it.

I fashioned a type of camera holder that fits neatly under my KH handle, and it holds my (mini cybershot hd) camera with mini tripod attached, so I just take it out of the tube holder, all intact, turn it on and after extending the tripod and holding it by its legs, I can shoot my 36er while riding, including the road unfolding as I ride, and from various other angles! This way I can document at least some good parts of the ride without needing to stop and set up…if all goes as planned! :smiley:

don’t forget to run the high psi : ) some bike shops are afraid to pump that tire back up because it takes so long : P I was too at first. That’s a cool fix, you could have also used one of those string spoke thingies, forget what they’re called. . . . the 36er is still a tension wheel right?

They never took the tire off to replace the spoke. I have the nightrider tire, which is rated at 65 psi, but I never run it that high as I like a little “give” to the tire if I have to hop in place at a stop light and it’s just more comfy. I also don’t feel every little pebble or bump with the lower psi, like 45-50, and there’s still very low RR.

Well, goodnight all! I’m off to bed so I can get up dark and early at 4:15am, for my first uni-century!

PS: For those who have already done twenty 100 mile rides, you can call your next one your “21st Century!” :slight_smile:

Brilliant. I have a new life goal!

Good luck Terry, can’t wait to read the write-up and see the footage!

Go get 'em Terry! I was really hoping to come join for a portion but I am stuck at home with a broken elbow :frowning:

threadjack

Looks like he’s flying the flag upside-down on his recumbent, something that’s become quite trendy in some circles.

btw…good luck on your century ride!

Hello, Aloha, Bonjour!!!

I just got back from my first Uni-Century adventure. 104 miles! (I’ll explain why the extra 4 miles later) This was one of the most amazing experiences I’ve ever had! I’m a bit tired and there’s soooo much to say about it. I’ll have a full writeup and video in the next couple days! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Terry

Congratuations, Terry. Well done!

We look forward to the tale.

Cheers,
Eoin