Ultimate Wheel Wheel Walking

If it is ever done it will be with a wide wide tire that has been squared off by sanding the tread profile square or other means. The extreme would be using a wide car tire.

You said it! ^^

I was trying to edit my last message with the following before you posted too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AYtEK_6pNA

While it’s very different because it’s heavy and you don’t have to balance left to right (only forward/back), and this guy is doing it sideways, it’s possible.

Trying and failing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zejPGaTCxX4

Another one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d2LJo2FO9E

I still think it’s possible, although insanely difficult. Although, it’s quite unrelated to unicycle WWing.

No-one even thougth about transitions riding to ww or other way around :slight_smile:
It’s gonna be so cool:p

Just try the tire walkin like above, then switch to thinner tires and so on. you’ll develop the balance

Its possible but its a stupid and pointless thing to spend mass quantities of time practicing. I mean I could spend all of my life counting grains of sand on a beach but it would be a massive time waster.

Unlike super-sensible activities like unicycling, seatwraps and crankflips, all guaranteed to bring about world peace in the blink of an eye?

I would envisage an easy ‘starter-way’ to get going on WW the ultimate wheel would be to walk on the sides of the rim at the bottom.
That was you’d still have the top of the wheel to brace against the calves.

A bit of a ‘cheat’ I know, but it might be a start.

Don’t forget stand up or seat out wheel walking. Problems one and three are mostly solved there. Somebody good at wheel wlaking hardly wobbles at all so two isn’t a big issue either.

It’ll still be very hard though :slight_smile:

I used to be able to idle with one foot on the pedal and the other on the wheel. I admit that is a much easier trick but I have virtually no freestyle skill at all.

I think the closest to this trick is the backward ww seat in front (not touching the body, with the arms extended) that Julien Money does (e.g. in the K1 freestyle roadtrip).

This is probably the only ww trick where most of your weight rests on the wheel. It is also really hard (at least it took me a long time to learn it). The biggest problem is indeed that the smallest inaccuracy in foot placement will tilt the wheel to one side. To some extend you can compensate this via your arms holding the saddle, but you just can’t exert much force. Without that help it seems close to impossible. Note that you normally also steer the wheel, if only to keep your sideways balance. Without holding the seat that must be incredibly hard.

Still it might be possible :slight_smile: Maybe you could start by doing a stillstand standing with one foot one the wheel…

Does anyone do this with a seat drag??

That’s closer to what we’re talking about here.

A tire, 2 pedals, and BAM. You’ve got yourself one lean, mean, wheel walkin’ machine

I tried walking on it, but didnt’ get very far. Perhaps one revolution at most. But still, I did it! haha

Show the video!!!

I can walk on a car tire, but havent tried anything smaller.

I can

not

Would wheel walking on a 36 inch UW be easy than on a 20 inch UW?

The first person to reply to this thread can ww SIB, which is as close as you’re going to get; it’s just too easy to flip the wheel without some means of angle control.

Regarding the tire walking, well, those were wide enough to balance on their own;)

what about bc wheel walking?
one foot on platform and one foot walking the wheel.

I already thought about that, but I figured that “ultimate wheel wheel walking” would make a better discussion. Both are equally possible, but not probable.

1ft bc wheel wheelwalk wouldn’t really be that difficult if you had a setup that gave you sufficient leverage against the one plate you were standing on.

Seems to me that it would be somewhat akin to 1ft stand-up ww seat on side.

What is most definitely possible is hand wheelwalk on a a bc wheel…though my attempts at it were far less successful than my normal hand wheelwalking.

That has been done

BC Wheel One Foot Wheel Walking :wink:

Hand walking’s fairly easy on a bc wheel, you just have to be good at balancing while going slow on it