UK: Old worn 19" tyre.

Hu guys,

I’m looking for an old 19" trials tyre that is pretty worn, but not too much past the nubs. I’d like to try a shaved tyre but my tyre still has loads of life left in it and it would be a waste to shave my one or a new one.
Anything will do. Free would be best, but I don’t mind paying a few pounds to take it off your hands. I would of course pay the postage as well.

Cheers,

Phil.

I’m due a batch of parts soon, I hope by the end of the week, or early next week. I have a shaved tyre at the moment, and a tyre is coming in with the parts, which I might shave down, so I may be able to free up a shaved Creepy Crawler.

That’d be pretty cool, you’ll have to let me know.

No worries, as soon as the parts arrive I’ll let you know about the shaved tyre.

I think I’ve sorted this one now.

I met up with a mate that I haven’t seen for a few months and he’s given me an old Luna, so I’m gonna try shaving that and seeing how long it lasts.

Let us know how it goes.

I’m getting a trials for christmas! I don’t know if I’ll like it… I mean i’m a freestyle guy!

It’s great fun. It opens so many doors. Even into the street/flat area of unicycling. I would have considered flat to be a link between freestyle and street.

It feels so good the first time you hop up something, ride along, then hop off again. I’m hooked!

I also really like how unicycle street is almost like a cross between BMX and skateboarding. It’s like half a bike, but with all of the skate tricks. It’s amazing how close the comparison is between tricks. I suppose that a lot of the trick names would have come from skateboarding.

Let us know how you’re getting on with the new ride after Christmas.

p.s. I’m getting some BC Plates for Chrostmas, to put on a spare that I have, so I’ll be in a similar situation as you with that!

Cool, no worries. As it is, I’m still waiting on the parts to get here.

Okay well I havn’t riden in that much today… as its christmas and have just got it.
I really like it though! Rode down some steps, felt great! Managed to do a 180 jump first time, a lot easier than people make out. And i can get over cerbs, kerbs, cirbs? On the 4th attempt i got up a cerb then i could do it for another 5 times after than I lost the nack spent ages tring to do again. finally at about 10:00 pm, before I came in, I got it again and could do it each time!

I also practised jumping over the lines on the road and practised that ride and jump thing not sure what its called but its pretty satisfying. Yeah I like it! Theres a lot more riks involved compared to freestyle, which is scary, i’ve never hurt my self on a Unicycle, but I can predict I won’t be able to say that for much longer.

Tell me what I should try to do?

curbs

Something here makes me think of a thread jacking - I don’t know why :roll_eyes:

on topic mk?

OK, so I’m too nice sometimes and not nice enough at other times! You’re right, I did say that. I think the original idea of this thread is dead now anyway.

gutter