UDC Sale on 29's & 36's

I just called and they said all of the orders from last night are getting filled. Now we wait with baited breath for the magic package to arrive…

I can’t wait!!

kh 29

Thanks Harley,

I’ve been wanting one of these for awhile, but couldn’t justify the cost to my wife cuz of remodeling expenses on the house. This is gonna have to fly with her because I ordered one as soon as I read your posting. I can’t wait to ride it. There were 4 remaining when I called UDC this afternoon.

Do you know how many are left right now??? I really want one but will have to coax my mom and dad as a really reallly early b- day present=) my b- day isn’t till june but this is just nagging at me I want to order one tonight=)

Whats the dif between the 07 and the 08 ?

here is the thread that will tell you everything you need to know for 07 vs 08

I’m getting a lot of calls from irate wives. You guys need to convince them to start riding unicycles so that they too can have the addiction for more uni’s.

Best of luck to all of you who are trying to pick up one of these deals.

So… I checked with UDC after I put in a web order for a kh29. UDC had not processed my order according to my profile, but when I checked my email UDC had sent me a tracking number for UPS. I followed the link and UPS had scanned the package in Georgia so it looks like I got one coming!

Me too! I am psyched to rock out on some 29er muni! I opted for the 165/137 cranks because I want the extra torque for climbing. I hope I don;t reqret that decision. There are a lot of great, long, smooth single track rides in or near Golden that I am very excited to tackle on this! I just sold my extra Coker to assuage my wife so hopefully she won’t hassle Harly too much.

I fessed up to the wife last night. I ride while she runs, but I can’t keep up with her on my 24" Torker, especially if I UPD (she doesn’t wait for me). When I told her I could keep up with her better she promised not to call Harley and pound on him. I muni almost exclusively, mostly on easy stuff (I’m relatively new at unicycling - 2 yrs). I got the 125/150 cranks after much thought and deliberation between the 137/165 and 125/150.

Set mine up and rode today

I made the proper seat post cut and took my new KH out for spin today and It’s great! Actually lighter than I thought it would be. Got the 125/150 and put the pedals at the longer. Riding 175’sonmy Munisothe smaller knee throw brings a welcomed smootness to the ride. Didn’t realize that it already comes with the brackets for mounting the Maugura ( not the mounts, i knew that) and the post under the seat forthe brake. I actually double ordered each when I bought. Not sure if that’s a buyer beware, or " I wish UDC had let me know. If anyone needs these parts, I’d sell cheaper than I bought them for, just not needed. Hub/Crank set up is very beefy looking. To those on this thread, Enjoy yours!

I think it is a very good combination. I tried out both holes offroad recently and noticed a big difference in climbing power and spinning speed. Shorter better for flat and longer better for hilly. Very convenient for crank length change- I wouldn’t have swapped so easily otherwise- and it is much easier to compare the two lengths.

You should be able to send it back for a refund in my opinion. That is rather poor information given to you as a customer by Unicycle.com because they should have known when packaging your order that you didn’t need them- and with a small effort of communication they could have saved you a costly mucked up order. It reminds me of how when I bought a unicycle from Unicycle.com in America, after several emails to them about shipping the ridiculously overpriced item to New Zealand, the idea of letting me know Unicycle.co.nz was almost ready to open after months of planning was completely overlooked. I guess that Unicycle.com knew fully about Unicycle.co.nz but I don’t know that they deliberately withheld it from me. A small amount of information can go a long way… Unicycle.com there is room for improvement!

Once your wife gets a bit faster on her runs you will then be able to step up to a 36er. Or you can pretend to not be able to keep up just so that you can upgrade to an even bigger wheel :wink:

i also got the dual-hole 125/150s, and i love it! i use 150’s on my 26, and 130’s on my coker so they seemed like a good choice. it does feel a lot lighter than i expected, and very quick! the 125’s are awesome around town, and long enough for a little rough terrain, quick stops, etc. while the 150’s should be awesome for tough climbs and aggressive singletrack. the feel is awesome! it’s amazingly responsive and i can’t help racing everywhere i go! i love how light light it is! can’t wait to hit the trails!

I work Monday thru Thursday and wouldn’t you know it? My 29er arrived at my work address on Friday, but couldn’t be delivered because no one was there. I have to wait until tomorrow. Delayed gratification is good, right?

It is amazing how many unicycle purchases seem to be nixed by our loving wives. I never cease to be amazed at my wife’s priorities. She seems to think that 13 unicycles for 3 (soon to be 4) riders in the household is enough. :astonished:

If you don’t count the crappy beginner unis, the ultimate wheels and the giraffes, we only have 5 unicycles between the 3 of us. Now I ask all you reasonable people, this that too many? :thinking:

That being said, I might have my wife talked into getting a 29er for a combo birthday gift (for myself and my oldest son). While the KH 07 29ers are gone, UDC has re-listed the Nimbus 29er at $309. I need to do some smooth talkin’ to seal the deal. :sunglasses:

I have 3 unis… 4 according to my wife who counts the rusted practically unrideable 20 some year old CyclePro - think I need to junk it. I have a 20, 24, and 29 and still want a 36er.

I very practical collection of unicycles by an obviously level-headed person who has identified a very well thought-out and sober plan for the future. Far from being a frivolous want, the 36er will fill a critical vacancy in your line-up.

In that unicycling is great exercise, surely your wife cannot object to something that will increase your life expectancy??!!

Getting rid of the old CyclePro may be a very wise tactical gambit.

I got the KH 29 put together (she’s a beauty!) and chose the 125mm crank hole setting. After my first ride, which was a blast, but felt weird with the short cranks I am thinking I should switch to the 150mm hole until I get used to the new wheel size (I’ve been riding 150mm on my 24" Torker DX). There are a couple of steep hills on the trail I ride that I had to UPD on cuz I couldn’t hold it back with the short crank setting. Any advice for a novice 29 rider on crank length?

By the way, my wife ran while I rode. She volunteered to take pictures of me and had a darn good atitude considering she is competing with a new, blue unicycle! She did ask if I could sell one of my other unicycles now. I patiently explained that I didn not yet have a full stable. There is at least one more wheel size that should be in the stall. She had no comment.