Turning Help

the past two days ive been riding my new uni, its a schwinn with kenda kenetic…i can turn fine on my Oxford with the little street tire, so why cant i on the schwinn, any words of advice?

pleaseeeee

You might just need time adjusting to the new configuration. Maybe your new unicycle is a bit heavier and you’re not putting enough of your weight into the turn to make the uni follow your lead.

I have taught somebody to turn right (he could only turn left) by offering him a shoulder to hold on to and reminding him to turn his entire upper body in the direction he wanted to go and to make his lower body follow. It took a few assisted tries but then he was fine on his own.

Hope that helps.

Jayne

Re: Turning Help

On Tue, 11 May 2004 22:21:03 -0500, “IowaKid” wrote:

>why cant i on the schwinn, any words of advice?

Try higher tyre pressure.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

be sure to remove the saddle and simply sit on the seat post. this is far more comfortable - tennisgh22 on the comfort of Savage unis

not to be rude, but I noticed it says “skilled unicyclist” under your avatar.
I guess you mean you have some skills (getting on, riding) :slight_smile: ?

I would recommend that you try taking the unicycle on a fine gravel path,
or at least a grassy field, and try turning there.
I am thinking one would have trouble going from a 20"x1.75" to a 24"x3.0"
on pavement, but not enough to say “I can’t turn.”

i didnt put the “skilled unicyclist” there

Yeah. ChangingLinks pulled the same thing on me. I explained that the ‘skilled unicyclist’ is placed under an avatar automatically after you post a certain number of messages.

Just focus on the advise posted about turning. Everone in the forum is very helpful. I can’t get you any advise other than just to practice. I’m still trying to figure things out myself.

Re: Turning Help

klaasbil_remove_the_spamkiller_@xs4all.nl (Klaas Bil) writes:

> Try higher tyre pressure.

Higher pressure allows the the unicycle to pivot more easily.

Also, make sure you lean into the turn.

Ken