Trials Discussion Thread

hmm well I just need to find someone else to come down with me cus my dad is one of the people who is still convinced that everyone on the internet is secretly trying to meet and rape you. I got my new uni in and I really want to come down and ride so we will see if I will be able to work it out.

i feel good, today i :
hopped up 3 stairs (never tried 3 before, not as hard as i imagined)
did my longest drop (off a park bench, not amazing but i think its ok)
and a rolling hop into a drop that was a bit under the size of the bench

Anyone interested in a highjump competition? Say 100cm?

i’m guessing you mean static, then no, but if you mean rolling… maybe i’ll have to see how much riding i can get in. i probably won’t hit it anytime soon though.

Highjump is roling, static, SI, SIF etc as long as you get over that box:D .

im in, i can hit 90 most days…

Why don’t you make it spoon thumb? You seem to know the rules good.

plans for my trials coarse

hopefully I will be able to build it this summer but I drew these up

the rendering isn’t the best quality but that is an idea

Those boxes won’t work. You need cross braces, or they’ll break. Spools are often weak at the ends, so put braces their as well.

Sorry to say, but this park kinda looks boring. You could just do urban… You need something special that really tests trials skills.

1. A round skinny pole is a must in any trials park. Make the hight ajustable so you can practice jumping on it and riding away.
  2. Boxes aren’t necessary if you can get your hands on a lot of pallets. Pallets are versatile. You can stack em, put em apart for gapping, make a-frames, etc.
  3. A big ladder, where you hop on the rungs (look at my course) is wicked fun and training.
  4. Gapping posts
  5. Use nature around you to help for support. Use a tree as a corner of a box etc.

haha thanks. I just drew that as my final for my autocad class. I can draw about anything that you can think of. I like the ideas so keep them coming and I will draw them up. The whole thing is on the computer and is very versitle so let me know.

A patch of stumps about a foot or two apart each like 10 or so of them at various heights would be really useful, especialy with various widths.

A frames are also really sweet.

Another cool idea is to have like stairs made out of various types of skinnies.

like this I II III I II. Space them far enough apart so that you can start from the ground and go up onto any one of them but not so far apart that you can’t gap from one to the other.

you would get too good fpr that course in like 2 days.

Pretty much everything Danni said is good for trails courses. Skinnies and hopping posts are a complete must, and those ladders are wicked fun.

building everything so you can move it around, take it apart, and change it. like mine. you will see it in my next vid.

id say a high jump competition would be AWSOME

doesnt matter, any hop whatsoever, rolling, static, doesnt matter.lets discuss rules.

Yea I know what you mean, but your dad’s just looking out for you. Hope you can make it.

What do you guys perfer at comps? Highjump over bars or to pallets? I much rather do pallets…I hate bars.

haha no way i could ever do 100cm over a bar!

huh?..so its harder over a bar?? yur reply is kinda confusing(an ive never used a bar…always pallets:D

Trials

hey guys, i just wanted to say TRIALS KICKS ASS. Also does anyone have any tips on jumping higher with the seat in, i can only get up 2 pallets, and i cant jump with it out yet :confused:

Prehop, jump, tuck, practice practice practice