Trials Discussion Thread

I would like them more if they didn’t wear out so fast and had adjustavle grip.

Does anyone have any experience with the koxx black alloy pedals? Are they good for trials? Do they have those small little spikes on them? Thanks!

Mike

I had the red ones on my old Koxx-one devil. They are grippy but if you pedal grab without taking the pins off of one side the will crack right in the middle. They are a bit heavy too. I hope it helped.

okay. has anyone had any experience with the plastic bisquit pedals? what color are they and do they have pins in them too?

they do not have pins, and they are made for flatland/street unicycling, they are black and not solid from what I read…

Hey UniGuyMIke, have you looked at this thread? it might help

Question(s). What’s the best way to keep pedals grippy for pedal grabs? I took all the pins out of one side so they dont rip out but I always slip especially on medal, slanted natural stuff, rails, and skinny posts. I don’t think its really a balance issue. I just slide off.

edit: also my pedals aren’t balanced without pins on one side so they flip to that ungrippy side. It’s hard to mount on rails unless I put my foot on the ungrippy side or lean down and flip it and mount fast. Both ways compromise my balance.

just saw this… no idea if it would really help, or how you would do it though …

Use pins in both sides lol.if the pins rip out theyre sucky pedals.Kona wah wahs are awesome pedals.Me and Max use em.i also grind with them and theyre fine

ok lol. I’ve been riding trailmix (because they came with my uni :roll_eyes: ) and my switch pedal grabbing side cracked with pins in it. But I guess I’ll put pins in and ride em till they’re dead.

how high should my seat be when i jump - im’ 58, (not sure if thats relevant XD)

whatever feels right.

its all personal, like some people rather it high some low. it wont make you hop higher really.

unless your sidehopping seat in, a lower seat will help.

What!? A lower seat will definitely help if you’re doing seat in. :roll_eyes:

i think thats what he was trying to say haha.

I was wondering:
There’s a lot of big stones on a beach near me. They’re a lot of fun, and there’s a lot of cool lines. The thing is, someone has put them there, so I don’t know if it is natural trials, or if they have to be put there by nature to be natural trials.
What do you think?

EDIT: It is natural trials, right?

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be considered to not be natural trials even if it is “man made”.

Ok.

I need some solutions for gripping on pedal grabs. After getting a pair of pedals:

• If I remove the pins on one side, I have no grip on pedal grabs, especially on rails and metal things.
  • If I leave the pins in and ride, the pins rip out rather fast, leaving my pedals with no grip also.

I don’t know what to do, is there any solution that will last me longer than a few days?

Right now I have mg1s and one side of the pedal has no pins and no grip. I cant put more pins back in because the threads for the pins are messed up.

Some pedals have really strong pins (like Echo TR, but they suck except for the pins) so I would not bother riding with the pins on both sides. I always took the pins off, and I always regret it. I’d say, ride them, if the pins break off, at least you had some grip at the beginning!

What pedals are you getting? I’m ordering a pair of Inspired pedals soon, I’m still trying to find the perfect trials pedals.

+1, avoid pedals w/ set screws.

or get pedals that use regular or allen screws from the back side, like Odysey JC Trail Mix’s.