Torker - Unistar DX

i got the new o6 DX her are home photos :

unicycle 002.jpg

unicycle 001.jpg

unicycle 003.jpg

Hey, I was wondering what size differences there are inbetween the 20" and the 24" because after waiting over a month to get mine, my 24" finally came and ended up being too big, so I was wondering if there was even any point ordering the 20".

Too big how? Is the seat too high for you, or do just find the 24" wheel being to big for you?

Seeing how your uni is new, it will come with a full sized seat post. Even at its lowest position in the seat tube, it will most likely be too high for you.

Take the seatpost out from the seattube/frame, and cut off an inch, and see how that is. Cut off another inch and keep going until you find the perfect height. Cut another inch off so you have room to lower it a tiny more if you need to. =p

Aww, there my DX was when it was new before I got it from him!

It’s still doing amazingly well after being used by two different people. It’s in perfect working order other than the worn tire.

At my work we have A Torker LX, DX, Qu-ax trials, and a 2007 KH20. The DX seat is the most uncomfy one of the bunch. The qu-ax is alright, and the KH saddle is pretty good too, but in my honest opinion the Torker LX seat is the most comfy of the bunch. Maybe if I made the KH an air saddle it’d have a chance at leading the troupe, but I definately do not like the DX seat at all.

The only other thing that I do not like about the DX is the bolt nubs on the crank arms. Meaning how the hub ends kinda protrude and the pedals is setback a bit. (real hard to explain) but they seem to hit my feet/ankles as I pedal. Different (flatter) crank arms would be a bit better I guess, but I’m not sure which one’s fit…that’s a whole 'nother mile long thread. Plus it’s not my uni, so I’m not replacing anything on it.:smiley:

Overall the DX is a fantastic uni for the price. Especially if you can score one off ebay for $200

DX’s rock, you can pull anything you can on a normal unicyle, you get used to the weight eventually, and when you jump you can fling around the weight to carry you a little farther, You can do any trick anyone else can, they are very strong, I can do Treyflips and stuff of them, I’d go with it.
I sure did, unless you had the extra 200 for the KH.
Or 600 for Bedford…jk:D

Bedford has reasonable prices. You need to remember that Darren hasn’t updated the price list in a while and the prices are in Canadian, not US dollars.

oh kk lol.
The DX’s rim is amazingly strong, Ive never had problems with the spokes, tighten them once a month, only 2 or 3 ever need tightening which is great!
Very durable unicycle, you have a DX, you’ll get used to the weight, and it will help you jump higher. Its a great price, I have the 20 inch.
I have the 06 version, and The frame doesnt seem like it is anywhere near breaking.
The CC that comes with it is a great tire.
The KH Is superior, but so is the price, for the price the Torker is as good as it gets, I wouldnt order any other unicycle other than The DX, Bedford unicycles, or the KH unicycles, you might also want to check out and see if there are older versions of KH’s at a nice price used.

Qu-ax is great too! Sorry, but I can’t help but keep finding fault in what you say.

hahahahaha, oh wait you were serious!?!:smiley:
jk. Yea Qa-ax is a great uni, but if you want a good low priced one that will last, its the DX, the qu-ax is another 100, but if you want a KH its another 200, if you have enough for the qu-ax, then you should probably keep on saving because the Qu-ax to the KH is a big difference, you ride a qu-ax dont you, but then agian bedfords great, and so are many other companies, but I perfer Torker.

Nope, I ride a torker DX.

http://www.cyclesportandfitness.com/images/torker-2010-dx-20.jpg

this is the new dx im getting

Why do you keep bumping really old threads? :thinking: