Today I... (brag thread)

awesome!!!

:astonished: Cool beans. :astonished:

Congrats my friend. :smiley:

cool cucumber!!!

finally jumped the 4 stairs in my back yard sif. I had jumped other 4 stairs but these are a lot higher and farther. I’ve jumped it rolling too…

groovy gravy…

so today i side hopped a three foot gap. it had a one foot drop so its not too impressive but ive only been riding a month and a half and i hadnt riden for three weeks cause my old uni broke. i just got my kh trials today and i went out and gapped it. oh and i did it several times in a row first try.

Yesterday with my crap beginner cycle design uni with a crap seat and a 20x1.75" tyre i managed to side hop onto a drain, properly for the first time =] i love trials unicycling!

lol Today I SI side hopped 44cm. I’ve never even tried anything over 35 before so I’m pretty pleased. Hopefully I’m feeling confident enough to do it again tomorrow :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m gonna start learning SIF once I can do 50cm SI.

My other goals aren’t really going to well though, I still don’t have the guts to try and land a crankflip or 360 unispin. And I haven’t practised wheel walking for a while and I’ve got worse.

Finally I learned gliding! :slight_smile:
(down a 15m long way for wheelchairs an bicycles at the railway station)

I know it’s basic stuff for most of you, but it took me half a year and a lot of hours to practise.

That’s awesome, gliding is such an awesome feeling. Unfortunatly, there are no hills around here for me to glide down:( Well there is one that I am going to film at for my next vid;)

Isaac

today i participated in the swallows day parade. I also found that the local news station will be doing a story about our unicycle club. and also got my picture in the news paper for unicycling

Today I finally found a hill to glide down. I filmed a few runs down.

http://www.vimeo.com/838483

Isaac

Today I FINALLY finished getting my new wheel together after running into so many problems.

Here it is: Custom Koxx-One Unicycles

That is a pretty sweet uni Brian. A new street setup? What kind of frame will you be putting on it?

Isaac

Today I rode up a traffic cone on it’s side, tipping it upright. I fell off mid tip but it’s a great idea for a trick. Has anyone seen it done before?

Yeah its my new street wheel, it feels amazing. Its so smooth, the rim is as wide as a trials rim and the tire folds less than a CC. The tire also easily has as much air volume as a trials tire but it weighs roughly HALF that of a trials tire. I’m really liking the straight cranks too. This wheel flips and spins so fast.

I’ll be using my Nimbus II frame but its being powder coated right now so I’m using my round crown nimbus trials frame. I’m using Twisted PCs for pedals and will probably share my thomson/SW Base between this and my trials uni depending on which I’m riding.

Today I tried a high drop at the local trail and proceeded to fall smack on my backside! :astonished: I got right back up, walked over to a ledge that was even HIGHER and dropped it successfully!

Brag #2: My riding buddy John (vivalargo) was there with me and this was one of his first full muni rides in about 4 months since suffering a pretty bad knee injury…which is still not quite back to normal. He did the same 6-ish foot drop, and did it better than me! Props JL! :sunglasses:

today i rolling hopped up 4 stairs

awesome

Nice 4 stair, I’m thinking about trying one too soon.

I landed my first seat wrap today after only about 20 minutes of practice.