Tire idea

I have been thinking about putting a street tire on my KH29. I just dont ride it much and it really is too big for my style of muni which is short technical spurts of under one minute. I thought maybe I could gain some endurance by riding flat paved trails instead of letting it sit. I feel more comfortable on 24s offroad. How does the tire on unicycle . com sound? Or is this a bad idea?

I’ve been doing much the same thing for a long time now. Basically got tired of swapping out my Urban/Street tire (Maxxis Hookworm) with a proper MUni tire (Nokian Gazz). So I decided to try riding EVERYTHING with the Hookworm and I’ve been fairly successful. I documented some of my experiences in my Time Trialing Thread. I really like this set up as it’s really helped me become a better MUni rider as I had to concentrate a bit more on line choice and fine tuning my balance at first. I can’t imagine going back to a full blown, heavy, MUni tire now as I’ve gotten quite used to the Hookworm. And that was just for trails, the obvious other advantages of riding this way is that I do quite a bit of paved and gravel road riding as well with which the Hookworm is very superior over a proper trail tire. So if you’re into using ONE unicycle to do it all consider putting that street tire on and giving it a shot!

Good luck!

Im thinking about putting a hookworm on during the summer and duro on in winter

Are you looking at the Big Apple 2.35? If so, it’s good for mixed riding. I used one for a while both on and off road; it’s very smooth on road and the volume lets it work surprisingly well on dry trails. A lot of people have reported it being hard to ride on crowned roads and off-camber surfaces, and that the narrower 2.0" version is better in this regard.

Have you considered just riding your current tire on pavement, maybe with a bit more air pressure?

when i ride my duro on the road is to bumpy is makes it not fun to ride

I use a Schwalbe Marathon Dureme 28x2.00 and i like it very much.
It is a much smoother ride than the muni tire.

Maxxis doesn’t make a 29" Hookworm :frowning: , if only the Hookworm is a great tire.

I have been riding the Big Apple 2.35 on my 29er, it’s not bad and for paved ride and it is much smoother and a bit quicker. I agree with DavidP less air pressure if you are on chambered which my rides all were, it also helps with loose gravel surfaces a bit.

I just switched back to the WTB Stout for me I think I like the ride better when I’m not on paved surfaces.

Maxxis doesn’t make a 29" Hookworm :frowning: , if only the Hookworm is a great tire.

I have been riding the Big Apple 2.35 on my 29er, it’s not bad and for paved ride and it is much smoother and a bit quicker.

But, I just switched back to the WTB Stout.

Good luck it’s fun to switch it up from time to time.

i likes tires. i have a half dozen tires.