The Mongolia Unicycle Tour 2010

Hi everyone,

Something you’ve all been waiting for, The Mongolia Unicycle Tour.

Some photos are up on the website: Monguni

It’s a bit different to the previous Adventure Unicyclist Tours, in that we’ll be mostly camping out and it’s all off-road. But what you lose in comfort you make up for with some spectacular scenery and cultural experience.

Contact us via the website if you are keen to take part in the first ever Mongolia Unicycle Tour.

Ken Looi

Monguni is a Unicycle Tour through Mongolia in 2010. It is an organised tour for people who want to see a country in the most unique way possible…on one wheel!

What: The Mongolia Unicycle Tour

When: Monday 2 August 2010 (Day 1) to Friday 13 August 2010 (Day 12)

Why: Because we can, and it’s never been done before.

Distance: 240km, 7 riding days

Terrain: Unsealed Roads, grass, horse trails, rocky riverbeds. Everything except sealed roads

Number of riders: Up to 12

Cost: US$1850 ($1850 + $150 to be donated to OXFAM for registrations after 1 May 2010, pending places still being available)

Whats included: 2 Nights in Ulaanbaatar, transfers from airport, all support vehicles, food, camping equipment, cooks, drivers, mechanic, Jason Williams, Bike Asia Tour leader, spare bicycles, tool kit

How fit do I need to be? It’s a fully supported tour, but the riding is likely to be harder than previous tours. Although distances are shorter, there are no sealed roads. The fitter you are, the more you will enjoy the tour

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder about The Mongolia Unitour. We are now less than six months away, and it’s almost full. If you are still keen on being the first to unicycle in one of the most remote parts of the world, get in touch with me as soon as possible.

I’ve put some photos of the Mongolia tour on the website. Rider profiles coming soon!

www.monguni.adventureunicyclist.com

Cheers,

Ken

Another Mongolia update!

We now have 12 riders. I have spoken to our Tour Operator and we can extend it to 20 riders. A few people have asked already so they will likely fill up as well. We won’t be taking more than 20 people.

I have put some of the rider profiles online:

If you need more info, contact me through the website and I’ll send you stuff the tour itinerary and other information.

Ken

A map of the route, courtesy of Nathan Hoover

Just a final reminder that The Mongolia Unicycle Tour is happening in August. If you are still keen to come, this is your last chance to sign up. We are almost at our 20 rider limit.

I have been told that no one has ever ridden through Mongolia on a unicycle before, so you can be one of the first!

Check out the profiles of the Unitourists on the Monguni Unicycle Tour:

Ken

The Mongolia tour is over and was a great success. We had some riders out for various days (myself and Beau each missed 2 days of riding), but the riding, the crew, the people - it was awesome.

You can read Ken’s daily diary about the trip here: http://monguni.adventureunicyclist.com/

I posted a few photos on facebook and will post a complete set on smugmug asap.

Thanks to Ken and everyone for another great tour!

Another Monguni survivor.

Yo Nathan and ya’ll,

Yeah, it was a great tour, pity about some of us getting sick though.

I’d love to check out the blog, but apparently unicycle touring websites are deemed dodgy, and don’t get past the great firewall of china…and ditto for facebook.

I just spent the day terrorising the streets of Beijing on my guni, managed to get quite lost and rode through a local neighbourhood causing much sensation :slight_smile:

Tomorrow i’m off to the southwest of China for 5 days riding with Scott in his local area. China GUNI MUNI action, should be sweeeeet, yeeha!

Thanks everyone for another great tour, and to Ken, Jason and Scott for putting in so much work behind the scenes :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Daniel :slight_smile: