The Beginners "Today I..." Thread

Congrats!

I’ll go visit the chemistry set that they call a “coffee machine” here (at the office) and pour myself a hot & gloppy one for ya!

No really, Congratulations! Glad to hear she share’s your uni interest, mine doesn’t.

:slight_smile:

Thiv, i’m sipping on a 52 oz (1.5 liter) coke to congratulate your future! Will you two go down the aisle on unicycles?:smiley:

Woo-hoo! Congrats!! I am forever single it seems lol. No exercise for 2 days, f*&kin exams. I’m dropping out and then its uni day and night I hope!

You’re gonna laugh. Yes. we intend uniing down the aisle :slight_smile: <and the best part… SHE brought it up. we were talking about her wedding dress plans… and she said that she needs one comfortable enough to uni with it on :)>

I love it!!! You´re both insane!!! :wink: Congratulations, I´m sure you´ll make a lovely couple and have a wonderful uni-life together. You have to post a wedding video on here with shot of you both unicycling. I told Mrs. Sancho about you and she said “Forget it…no way…”:wink:

Hahahaha. I do not like going to weddings and the like, but I have to say that I would go to this one. Too bad Poland is so far away. It would be cool if you took off for your honeymoon on unicycles, dragging cans behind you. You could have other unicyclists follow you for a while.

Have you two lovebirds talked about “level 11”?
:stuck_out_tongue:

level 11… honestly there is a bog skill gap between us and level 11.

right now i’m level 2 and she isn’t even lvl1 right now…

<but when we get there we will let you know :)>

Went 16 feet today unassisted.

Right on! Ya wanna get married???:slight_smile:
Hey Thiv, what about a biunicycle wedding?
:smiley:

It’d be a same sex marriage.

So that would be a unibiunicycle marriage? :thinking:

LOL, I thought the tattoo sig. was strange for a guy…

:wink:

Today it snowed so I didn’t get to go for a muni ride. Instead I found a dry spot and rode my trials uni. I worked on hopping and I managed to get back to hopping 9" SIF, SI, and rolling hop. I focused quite a bit on SIF and I’m definitely getting more comfortable with it. I did some small drops and even tried some 180 unispins (I got close but kept missing the cranks and my ankles would whack them as they slid past). SIF pedaling is still a bit elusive for me. It is a bit better since I raised my seat. Any advice?

If it had snowed here today, I would have posted it as a “disaster I have experienced today”.

Today I did two rides, one before work, and the other when I got back. 3km this morning and 4km this evening. A good day. There was a strong gusty wind this evening, but I coped with it despite a few wobbly moments. I have noticed that my unis make a low pitched note, like blowing over the top of a bottle, when I am heading into the wind. I guess it is the wind blowing over the holes at the top of the seat tube. It’s kinda cool. :sunglasses:

I think I am getting closer to free idling. I am trying to get the swing backwards and forwards from the hips, with a slight lean away from the down foot. I seem to go further on the backward motion than the forward. Does any of that sound familiar to others, or am I getting it all wrong?

Susan

disaster I have experienced today and yesterday

I do get to say diaster I have experienced today… and yesterday…sorta. It has been raining here… again and I have also been a little sick. So I took the two days off. I learned my lesson about water when I tried to pogo stick in a puddle lol. the Pogo stick’s end flipped out about 45 degrees and I fell on the cement hard. I think I should go try that in the rain.:smiley:

I’ve had a busy week so I haven’t had an opportunity to ride since Sunday. That’s okay though since my right knee is super tender. Yesterday was the first day I got a chance to try out my 26". It was very easy to mount and ride. My husband was a little bit sad since now I know I would like a 29". He is thinking I’m insane. After playing around on the 26" I pulled out the 20". What a crack-up. I could barely get on and go. It felt so tiny and weird for a few minutes.

Today I’m going to ride my MUni to the doctor for an injection. That should be interesting. There are some nice rocky but mostly level trails near the office. Easy on the knees.

Yesterday was the first day this week I think I road. I’ve been busy with finals and it sucks. But tomorrow is the start I hope of non stop fun!

I was just on to idle my 19". It felt sooo small lol.

I took a few days off as well and got out again last night. I did OK and managed a few driveway-to-road transitions and started in the grass a few times. My balance is improving but again my knees were sore afterward. I really hope this goes away, I’m wearing tenser bandages on my knees way to much lately!

I think one of my cranks is bent but haven’t tried to ride the uni while sitting backwards yet to know for sure. That’s really annoying 'cause it’s only 3 weeks old and I haven’t even tried hopping on it yet. Granted it was cheap but still…

-M

Today I finished my classes, woo-hoo! That means LOTS more time to play and iterate lol. :D:D:D:D