The Beginners "Today I..." Thread

I land a short easy combo:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEYO05hPe0w

Vimeo link

It is staying more or less on the same spot while making half a revolution forwards - half a revolution backwards - half a revolution forwards - half a revolution backwards -etc. etc.

Best regards,
Sanne

Idling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ull4-M-sh8

Idling?

Saane,

Thanks so much for the video clip.
That was neat to see.
I guess it is possible.
I now know what Idling is!

Everything went a bit better yesterday with more air in my tires.

I am going to be practicing without sticks now so things will be dramatically different.
Hope I don’t break my neck.

Jeff2

I didn’t post the video.

Glad to hear that!

You won’t.

Best regards,
Sanne

today I did my first presentation of the circus, and I did than my number of juggleing balls and torches , I did my static trapeze number and a small demonstration of flatland haha!

Nice juggling skills…

Hey Erikmoda, I liked your short uni and juggling clip. I really should take a little time to learn to juggle too. It looks like fun, and like most unicyclists, I’m always asked if I juggle too. I used to play my saxophone on my unicycle, but I need a new saxophone these days…

Congratulations to all the people making uni progress. I’m working on learning some new skills too, it just never gets old, riding a unicycle is still fun after 30 years of doing it. Wish I’d found this forum 10 years ago!

Dude I ride my unicycle to about 2 weeks, actually participate in the forum 1 week, wanted to have participated since the time I started trying to steady myself on the unicycle, if i participated i really think i would be better on the uni flat skills
In relation to juggle stuff, everything I learned was the Internet and creating my own tricks, in short vid just put some basic tricks that, i have some combos who are really interesting haha, i love spent my time juggling, Sometimes is not relaxing example: when the balls fal A LOT on the floor!:stuck_out_tongue: endlessly on the floor hahaha, but after a relaxing time turns you do But when you master the tricks is just relaxing do all of them:)! , if you are interested in learn how to juggle and do some cool tricks, I can help you, how to start from the basics to an intermediate hahaha I know, I do some juggling stuff to four months, I do clubs, torches, 3 balls, 4 balls and a litlle of balancing, the other day was trying to balance my KH 20’'on the chin, did not really work loool
the circus is really my favorite place :smiley:

Well, I am in month 2 and I am trying to freemount. I parked my car next to the side of my garage and it makes a nice balance point for both arms. I rode a big figure 8 around my driveway and did 25’ or so of grass riding for a change of pace, pretty cool and huge improvement for me!

Good luck with your freemounting practice. It’s a great feeling to not need anything to hold on to anymore.

Now I land my first half-backroll , i will try to film an post here !:slight_smile: ot big stuff but a progress in my flat skillls

Juggle???

Eric,
Your video was great. It sort of says once I get the unicycle thing going I will then have time to learn to juggle.

Whoops!

I stopped trying all this stuff when I got married some 42 years ago.

My wife recently retired so I can now reattempt the things I failed at when I was little.

Thanks for the impressive video.

Jeff2

thanks a lot man :] , when I bought my unicyle i stoped a litlle to keep my praticing in juggle stuff ,now i am in school vacation so i decided 3 things
1- enter tho the gym, i want to be stronger haha
2- keep my static trapeze skills and improve the strenght and flexibitlity
3- Start to juggle again! , i have a lot of tricks who slip from my hand , i need to got it again :]
the best tip for jugglers and non-jugglers of all word
when the balls hit the ground, smile, they could have fallen on your face. always keep juggling!

What a great philosophy, applies to so many aspects of life! :slight_smile:

thanks:o , I invented that phrase when i was on the 3 ball learning session , the balls hited the ground in 2 and 2 seconds , i had to invent something to motivate myself lol

Sticks are good

I learned using sticks. [crutches, really]. I just went longer and longer without putting them down until I threw them away. It’s kind of like skiing without ski poles. I can confidently ride anywhere, but I’m now back to using the sticks/crutches to learn to ride backwards. I’m up to about 20-30 ft before the need to use a stick. At my age falling is no fun. Good luck with the incentives.

thats great! Realy! maybe I have use sticks too, to learn to ride backwards…
Congrats!:slight_smile:

I’m so stoked! Today I decided to take myself to the local supermarket car-park to practice turns and corners for the first time. I didn’t expect too much of myself as it’s only a few days since I got back onboard my uni after surgery.

Well, I’m astounded…not only did I manage turning lots of corners but also figure of eights which got tighter and tighter. I’m a (relatively) old dawg so after an hour and half I was gasping for breath and dripping with sweat but rode home with a huge grin :smiley:

I’ve only been on a uni a year and a half and I care! It’s good to post in this thread and then look back after a few months and see how far you’ve gotten.

I’ve been stalled making progress for a few months while I’ve been experimenting with 75mm cranks. Last night I put back on my 100mm ones and immediately got 15 revolutions of one footed backwards riding, breaking my previous record.

Today I went 10 feet without falling. Hoping for 15 feet tomorrow.