That was stupid...

What is the dumbest thing you’ve ever done on a unicycle? Compared to some things I’ve seen, this is nothing, but it hurt a lot…

Well, I was taking down some money to go rent a movie, and decided to ride down, so I put my wallet in my pocket and headed out the door. Now, the quickest route to this movie rental place is through a big, hilly park. So I begin to go down this hill and halfway down, my wallet falls out of my pocket. So I, being as dumb as I am, turn around to get it, while I’m on this steep slope. My one foot slips and gets whacked behind by the pedal it came off of and I fall face first onto a tree root that had come out of the ground, slid down five feet, and hit the side of my face against a tree trunk (while I was sliding, I began to turn). Well, I decide to go back up to my house and tend to my face, as it had 3 cuts and was now bruised on the side I hit against the tree. When I get to the top, I realize that my wallet was still down there, so I run to get it and trip over my unicycle, as I was still holding it against my side.

Don’t you wish you had a video of that? As I remember, there are a couple of threads in the past devoted to idiotic displays such as this one. You are not alone.

Forget him, I wish I had a video of that, HAHAHA.
Lately, My worst was bouncing down a flight of stairs that was facing a wall. I lost controll, but instead of falling, I kinda jumped off and had to run down the rest of the stairs. I was not able to stop, so I ended up running right into the wall.
-David Kaplan

Hopefully it hurt less than falling would have.

Re: That was stupid…

I think the daftest moment I’ve had of late was falling off at the top of a
slope downwards. It was half an unplanned dismount and half a “that hill
looks nasty, I’ll walk”. But while getting off I decided to step in the same
direction the uni decided to go, so I didn’t actually get off the thing at
all; I then coasted with no feet on the pedals about ten metres or so before
falling off, hard.

I’ve not managed to do anything like that since… it was a pity it was
unplanned, unelegant and above all painful…

Phil, just me

“Cattle Prods solve most of life’s little problems”

Re: That was stupid…

On Wed, 8 May 2002 20:14:26 +0100, “Phil Himsworth”
<phil@flippet.neeeet> wrote:

>I think the daftest moment I’ve had of late was falling off at the top of a
>slope downwards. It was half an unplanned dismount and half a “that hill
>looks nasty, I’ll walk”. But while getting off I decided to step in the same
>direction the uni decided to go, so I didn’t actually get off the thing at
>all; I then coasted with no feet on the pedals about ten metres or so before
>falling off, hard.
>
>I’ve not managed to do anything like that since… it was a pity it was
>unplanned, unelegant and above all painful…

…and (again) no video. But if it was anything like 10 meters you
should still be very proud!

Klaas Bil

“To trigger/fool/saturate/overload Echelon, the following has been picked automagically from a database:”
“Fernspah, tank, JITEM”

I tried riding down this sloped wall at the University, I ended up falling down 5 feet into some huge bushes. Luckily my friends caught it on camera to remind me, hopefully I can get it in avi format soon to show everyone.