Tallest unicycle record

Apparently this is the new world record for the tallest unicycle. If you look close it appears he has a safety cable attached - good idea in my opinion.

That is short compared to this Official Guinness record:
Sem Abrahams (USA) rode a 35 m (114.8 ft) tall unicycle for a distance of 8.5 m (28 ft) at the Silverdome in Pontiac, Michigan, USA, on 29 January 2004.

1 Like

Almost certainly the tallest unicycle using wheel-wheel transmission of power all the way down the unicycle, but not the tallest unicycle generally.

I bet getting all of the tyres to the correct pressure on that is horrible!

1 Like

Interesting. The press release mentions this Guinness World Record as the one beaten:

Maybe Sem’s is in a different category? Or there is more than one set of Guinness World Records?

Let’s see him do that with an even number of wheels.

4 Likes

Has there been anyone that could do that (or has done that)? That would make the unicycle travel backwards while pedaling forward, right?

I saw a video of a man that rode a unicycle that traveled sideways when he pedaled. One direction when he pedaled forward, then the opposite direction when he pedaled backward. I might have even viewed that video here. Maybe it was a contestant on America’s Got Talent (or similar)?

Here is the story about Sem in Guinness.

Tommi Miller built one of those back in the day.

Here’s a link to his sideways giraffe.

There are a very few people out there that can ride even wheeled giraffe unicycles, but I have never heard of anyone riding one with more than two wheels.

Not with that many wheels, but the two wheelers were even available at UDC. A girl in our club has one and can ride it. and if you can ride it wit htwo wheels, the transition to, lets say 10 is nothing else than from 1 to 9.

If they can’t freemount, then it doesn’t count. Because that is the real challenge.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you for posting that link, Greg!!!