Surly Conundrum 24" and 26"

nevermind about the hub part

My very first uni, which I still have somewhere (I think I lent it to my mother) was a Pashley UMX 20, and that had a lugged frame.

At that time, I was a keen bicyclist, and the fashion was to move towards lugless frames! Cycle fashion is cyclical. I agree with your cosmetic point, though. The simple inverted Y fork crown on a uni does look a bit tacky. The H fork crown style, although lugless, looks much more like a properly-made piece of kit.

Now proper cut away lugs… all squirly and fancy… and maybe some Hetchings forks? :sunglasses:

I was at the Show in Vegas and Dave let me ride the 24" The fame handles nice for the 5 min. I got to ride. The 24" had the 3.0" Gazz.W/ L.M. rim my muni 24" is set up the same, I have a Gb4 26" frame with the L.M. rim and just got the 3.7 endomorph the ride is great on sand,and mud or rough terrane. The tire for the road I’m still trying to dial in the psi, its very grippy and running the tire the right direction helps, at first it felt a little squrrly, but just on the road. I’m know not having that problem. The tire is holding up well I have about 50 miles on it. With this set up who needs a suspention Muni? I love it and will keep you guy’s updated.:smiley:

so i got my 2006 Surly catalog and i would like to share some really bad photos with you!

the first is the cover.

second is…? is the 1st page, the Muni is on the first page!!! FIRST PAGE!!

the 3rd photo is very scary. the name listed for it is Dave…is this our SurlyDave? :astonished:

----------------the catalog also says the MUni frames will come in Silver Pearl and Humor Black

catalog1.jpg

catalog2.jpg

catalog4.jpg

The catalogue jagur has is available online in PDF format here, and there’s a lot of cool info on the frame, like the fact it comes with all the shims and spacers to allow for basically any hub/seatpost setup.

There’s some other interesting bits in the catalogue too, like the Extra wide LM Rim tape which would have been very handy when making my wheel up…

Loose

yeah, i had to use 3 rolls of Velox.

For the people who have rode any kind of 3.7 with the LM rim is it worth it? I mean is it too heavy to be serious(overkill). How does it hop compared to a standered 3.0?Hows the handling?

LOL … Jagur

Why not just take screenshots of the catalogue … ?
You could do anything with them then ,

Here’s a better pic of Dave and his Goiter muni.

http://mnhpva.org/Meetings/2005/aug_05/pages/01.html

Mojoe