Super-Century 10/24/13

That’s a pretty cool video! I’m glad it went well, how many hours did it take you?

I hit the hundred mark at 9:48 and total time for the 120 was 11:51. I was very happy with the time, and to finish before dark! I did take far less and shorter breaks than previous long rides, and kept my average speed higher as well. And now I plan to fall into a deep 18 hour stupor of blissful sleep! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations, Terry! You’re an amazing inspiration to us all.

I’m curious about how your body handled that much time in the saddle. Did you make any adjustments to your position on the saddle? I would imagine there was a lot of numbness.

I hope you slept well, you deserve it!

Thanks Shannon! I felt good for most of the ride, but that last 20 was a killer! The flat saddle is very good but even the best saddle can’t prevent soreness after so many miles, but overall it was good. The nice thing about the aerobars and/or the kh t-handle is that you can push down on it and easily adjust yourself on the saddle, which helps alleviate any discomfort.

You had already put nails in the coffin of excuses for anyone over 50 not riding.

Now you have welded it shut and encased it with cement!

At 52, thanks for making me get off the couch and ride.

Congrads, good work, great cause!

Haha, thanks for that! Very creatively written with wit and wisdom! :slight_smile:

Planning a new super-century for a little later this year, but this time I’ll be riding the all new Nimbus “Nightfox” 36er! The ride will be documented on video and will include a detailed Ride review. Stay tuned! :smiley:

I hear rumor you are planning to equip your Nightfox with a disc brake. Any insight you might provide on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yes it will be equipped with a Nimbus disc brake system.

Cool to see the Nightfox having its name put out there :smiley: How long do the forks go? I hope you’re not too cramped-up on the 36er for short people!

As you can see in the pic, the saddle is attached to the crown, and the underside of the crown is very close to the top of the tire, and I believe it can go even lower. It has a wide adjustment range for those who are very short to well over 6 feet.

Have fun riding. My legs rub on most frames. Looks like more than just my legs would rub on this frame crown. But then I’m just a small little guy.

JM

Hmm, didn’t think of that! I’m hoping they checked for any clearance issues during the design phase. Viewing it from this angle it appears to be close. The vertical lines I added seem to show that the saddle is slightly wider than the frame, which would mostly likely prevent rubbing. But that’s also the back and widest part of the saddle, so the inward curved portion could make it closer.

7.gif

You could stitch some padding onto the inside leg of your cycling shorts which would push your inner thigh out more. Using cranks with a high Q factor would also help to widen your stance. Hey Terry I reckon you’ll be walking like a horse jockey after this ride lol!