Super-Century 10/24/13

My 120 mile “Super-Century” ride is set for Thursday, October 24th, and my special page is now up as well! (Link below) I am doing this ride as a fundraiser for Leukemia research, and will be dedicating the ride to my brother Gary, who has the disease.

I’ll be riding my un-geared 36er, and will also be documenting the ride on video, which will include a thank you to everyone who makes a donation. If you prefer to donate anonymously, there’s an option for that as well.

I hope you will help me reach my goal, and all proceeds will go to help find a cure for Leukemia.

http://www.crowdrise.com/120milesinonedayononewheel/fundraiser/terrypeterson

1 Like

Turning your wheel for your brother and a cause such as leukemia is quite admirable.

Thanks Tim and thanks for your donation! In just the last day since announcing the fundraiser and setting up the page, we have $320 so far, plus a couple more donations coming by “snail-mail”.

My brother Gary is so excited about the ride and I’m so thrilled to be riding in his honor, and for all who are fighting to find a cure for Leukemia. :slight_smile:

Thanks Tim and thanks for your donation! Since announcing the fundraiser yesterday, we already have $320, plus a couple more donations coming by “snail-mail”. Please keep them coming to help reach our $1,000 goal! My brother Gary is so excited about the ride and I’m so thrilled to be riding in his honor, and for all who are fighting to find a cure for Leukemia. :slight_smile:

Bump. T-minus 7 days until ride day, and so far we’ve raised $460, including a couple $100 donations! Please donate if you can, in any amount. It’s 100% tax deductibale and proceeds benefit City of Hope Leukemia research. :slight_smile:

Bump: $550 and counting with just 6 days to go!

Just got the helmet ready for the event, and did a short test ride with my gopro, with modified case for optimum audio recording. I tried several configurations; skeleton front & back, skeleton back w/ sealed front, and the reverse, and then full waterproof case but with small hole drilled on top for directly over the built in mic. This turned out to be the ideal for clear, clean audio with the least amount of wind noise.

IMG_0004.JPG

Only 4 days to go so PLEASE donate if you haven’t already. All proceeds benefit City of Hope for Leukemia research. I’m dedicating my 120 mile to my brother Gary, (in the pic) We are a bit over half way to our $1,000 goal. Thanks to all who have donated so far! :slight_smile:

You’re getting closer at 671! I really hope you make your goal.

Thanks yeah I just got two more today. My facebook and other friends have pitched in and are just so supportive, which is greatly appreciated! Even if it’s just to say “good luck”, or “have a great ride”, it’s all good. :slight_smile:

Thanks. We just got two more today. My facebook and other friends have pitched in and are just so supportive, which is greatly appreciated! Even if it’s just to say “good luck”, or “have a great ride”, it’s all good. :slight_smile:

You’re almost there, Terry, $946.00! I’ll be thinking about you on the 24th! I wish your ride would make it down south a bit more. I live in Vista, which is in the northern portion of San Diego County.

You’re riding for a great cause!

What a great cause Terry. I wish I had your energy and drive, but right now I’m reminded to be thankful for being healthy and riding. Best of luck on your little 120 MILE ride. You’ve got my support for sure (so close now!).

a little something from me donated

hope the ride goes well

Thanks Peter! I am excited to announce that my goal of $1,000 in donations for City of Hope has been surpassed! With two days yet to go, I am hoping we get even more for this very worthy cause!

Big thanks to all who donated so far, and helped to reach our goal! :slight_smile:

Kris Holm
Unicycle.com (Amy Drummond)
Angelo Macri
Paho Marsh
John Cody
Ilan Kedan
Tim Lovason
Jill Bolton
Jack & Temme Peterson
Sigmund Straumland
John Risinger
Cindy Peterson
Steven Penpraze
Adam Fields
Brian Kissam
Sergey Gudzlovenko
Thomas LaValley
Charles Tourdot
Edward Moffat
Lila & Anakin Peace
Don & Mark Francis
Darell Childress
Shannon Goan
Michael Coyote
Peter Morgan
Christian Valerius

Plus several Anonymous donors.

The donations keep rolling in, and I am both grateful and thrilled by all the generosity to such a great cause! We are now at $1,200; $200 past the initial goal! Keep 'em coming! :slight_smile:

I must update the donation list:

Kris Holm
Angelo Macri
Paho Marsh
John Cody
Ilan Kedan
Tim Lovasen
Jill Bolton
Jack & Temme Peterson
Sigmund Straumland
John Risinger
Cindy Peterson
Steven Penpraze
Adam Fields
Brian Kissam
Sergey Gudzlovenko
Thomas LaValley
Charles Tourdot
Edward Moffat
Lila & Anakin Peace
Don & Mark Francis
Darell Childress
Shannon Goan
Michael Coyote
Peter Morgan
Christian Valerius
Liz Wilson
David Stone
Greg Beaver
Dan Wyman
James Sowers
Greg Harper

Hi Terry, please excuse this gloming onto of your thread. Wishing you the best of success and minimal soreness on your Super Century! Then, the following weekend if you’re interested, I’d like to invite you and any other interested SoCal riders to join Jacquie and me in the Solvang Prelude (metric century) on November 2. Shorter rides also available that day.

Here’s the info on Active.com.
Note that there is a “Single Fixed Gear Division” where they invite “riders of all ages who enjoy riding a single fixed gear bike…” and offer a special medallion if you can finish your ride. That could be interesting.

Official web site

Sorry about the threadjack; I don’t know if this is worthy of its own thread…

Thanks John. I love Solvang and will make it if possible. I am thrilled with the success of this fundraiser drive to benefit the City of Hope! We now stand at $1,325; well past the original target goal! :slight_smile:

Donor list update:

Kris Holm
Angelo Macri
Paho Marsh
John Cody
Ilan Kedan
Tim Lovasen
Jill Bolton
Jack & Temme Peterson
Sigmund Straumland
John Risinger
Cindy Peterson
Steven Penpraze
Adam Fields
Brian Kissam
Sergey Gudzlovenko
Thomas LaValley
Charles Tourdot
Edward Moffat
Lila & Anakin Peace
Don & Mark Francis
Darell Childress
Shannon Goan
Michael Coyote
Peter Morgan
Christian Valerius
Liz Wilson
David Stone
Greg Beaver
Dan Wyman
James Sowers
Greg Harper
Mark Sardell
Jon Filer

Best of luck with your endeavour…looks like we’ve gathered all the abysmal weather here in Blighty for a few days so hopefully it’ll be nice for you :roll_eyes:

UL

Thanks, yeah weather looks to be perfect; upper 60’s, cloudy and calm.

My epic 120 mile charity unicycle ride for City of hope was a great success!
Was on ABC 7 eyewitness news and KABC 4 news, and also a writeup in the Daily Breeze, so we got some good press for a great cause. Here’s one of the the ABC 7 pieces online:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news%2Flocal%2Flos_angeles&id=9300214

1 Like