sunlite mx sidepull brake kit

I was looking at the sunlite mx brake kit on unicycle.com and have a few questons. 1.) Are they any good 2.) will they work for muni 3.)will they fit on nimbus 24 muni with a 3" wide tire 4.) if any one has one could you post a review.

This kit uses a BMX type caliper brake; it will not fit a 3" tire. It’s ideal for a road 29" or 36" unicycle and is mounted through a hole in the frame crown.

This kit uses a BMX type caliper brake; it will not fit a 3" tire. It’s best for a road 29" or 36" unicycle and is mounted through a hole in the frame crown.

This kit uses a BMX type caliper brake; it will not fit a 3" tire. This type of brake is mounted through a hole in the frame crown and most commonly used on a road 29" or 36" unicycle.

If you’re looking for an inexpensive brake a long armed V-brake can work. I’m using a Tektro 857AL with 110mm arms on a muni.

You’ll need to make some cheap adapters:
one way to put V-Brakes on Mag mounts (pics later in thread)
Post Your Current Projects Here (an even simpler adapter)

thank you very much :smiley:

Not quite as simple although you don’t need an aluminum plate for the mount. This is my design using centerpull brakes. Although a bit more complex it may yield a bit more stopping power. http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92005