Sun Flat Top Deluxe Off Road Unicycle

Tire clearance and seat

I was able to fit a 24 x 3.0 Felt Berm Master tire into my Sun OR frame without tire rub. I think the Duro razorback would fit in there fine as it is slightly narrower.

Also, I shaved the foam on my saddle to flatten it successfully. I was able to reattach the cover to the velo base with a staple gun and it has held now for several months.

Good luck!

Berm master is another good option. That’s good news though, I can run the tires I want.

Sounds like seat modification shouldn’t be an issue too.

Hopefully it comes tomorrow…

Got my new Muni today.

First impressions are pretty good. So far I’m fairly impressed. The uni seems solid, and specc’ed out pretty good. I like the stock pedals that it comes with, and the fact that they are alloy and not plastic says something to me. Welds all seem respectable, frame clearance is excellent, and I prefer acorn nuts and hex nut’s to allen bolts (seat and bearing caps).

It’s heavy, but the wheelset appears to be pretty beefy. The cranks are steel, so I’m not going to worry about spacers on the splines, I’ll just keep them tight.

I am impressed with the seat cover, and may try to save it if I can.

There are only a few flaws which are (so far) pretty minimal.

First off, the wheel set is pretty poorly tensioned. This could be the reason some are breaking spokes if they aren’t going over the wheel first.

Second, I replaced the tire with a Cyclops, and holy sh*t was it a battle. I broke a tire lever, and managed to scratch the rim in a few spots with plastic tire levers :astonished: . I hope to never have to mount/unmount a Kenda Kinetics ever again.

Third, overall finish is on par with Nimbus, which is to say still kind of lacking. There were a few paint chips and a small scratch. NBD and nothing new compared to other uni manufacturers.

And last, the inner spacers between the hub flange and the bearing are a bit loose, and jingle-jangle when you hop. Could easily be fixed by bumping the bearings in a bit, but I really don’t care that much.

I bought this unicycle to beat on, and it looks like it’ll fit the bill.

Thanks Killian for your review. Glad you have a good first impression of this unicycle. Hope it holds up.

Did you change the tire for street riding? Do you plan on doing any muni with it?

Looks like you got the last one from UDC. It’s no longer listed on their website.

There were actually 4 left when I ordered, so someone else must have picked the others up. :slight_smile:

I’m thinking I may dabble in some urban riding, but Muni will still be my main thing. I think for technical riding on smooth rock the tire will perform well. Lot’s of volume for a 2.4" tire. It may still get a Duro though.

I flattened the seatbase, but it looks like I’m going to have to shave the foam a bit too. That’s a hefty chunck of foam…

I forgot to mention how much I hated getting that tire off the first time, I eventually ripped through the sidewall with one of my tire levers trying to get that thing off.

It really was a nightmare, and I considered cutting the beads for a minute.

It’s frustrating cause here you are with this brand new unicycle, and you have to worry about mucking up the rim just changing a tire. Luckily mine seems to be fine.

Still haven’t ridden it yet, but after shaving the foam on the seat, I’d say it’s one of my best. Much thinner now though.

I still see so much potential there…

First ride today. Overall I’m pretty impressed still. Cranks loosened up a bit one, but I could loctite the bolts still. I’m still getting used to the smaller wheel size, but it is easier to jump on it. I hit a decent 2-3’ drop and nothing broke, that’s about as crazy as I get so this thing should do alright. I have noticed a quiet squeaking sound that may or may not be my shoes…

I still give it a hearty recommendation.