street/trial uni difference

He’s talking about street, not road.

The frames of muni and trials are the same. Like someone else said the only diff is a street has shorter cranks.

Ask UDC they may be able to swap for the 127 mm cranks. (It looks like they officially dont have any, but if someone requests a Hopley w/ 145’s, your golden)

Oh ok, oh is that the difference between trials and MUni. Fair enough. :smiley: :smiley:

my brother has those pedals on his bmx ill just take em off him, im pretyt sure they are the same.
in regards to getting different cranks and or pedals will it cost me the full price of the item of just the difference between the original and the new?

I dont understand why everybody says that for street riding you need shorter cranks. Ryan Atkins and Shaun Johanson are using complete the same setup (137mm cranks and each of them do a complete different style). Dan Heaton rides with 140mm cranks, and most of the french riders are using the normal KH setup too.

It just costs you the price difference, sometimes it’s a little more because it’s extra work for the shopowner but I got my 24" KH from Municycle.com with shorter cranks and a better saddle and only paid the price difference for the saddle, knowing Unicycle.com they won’t make a problem of it at all.

Just get a Torker LX 20 or 24. I’ve landed out of the back of my truck with both of these unis and they are fine. Not expensive (100-130 bucks), look cool, have a nice crashable seat, and Torker is a lot easier to say than “qu-ax”. If you plan on being a professional freestylemunistreet jump off the house kind of guy, then maybe you should drop 3 od 4 hundred on one, but the reality is for most people is that we just ride these things around and don’t get too crazy.

Just get a Torker LX 20 or 24. I’ve landed out of the back of my truck with both of these unis and they are fine. Not expensive (100-130 bucks), look cool, have a nice crashable seat, and Torker is a lot easier to say than “qu-ax”. If you plan on being a professional freestylemunistreet jump off the house kind of guy, then maybe you should drop 3 or 4 hundred on one, but the reality is for most people is that we just ride these things around and don’t get too crazy.

I think you misunderstood.

He means street as in crankflips, grinds, stairs ect. not commuting.

Sorry my previous post was a bit unclear, I gues I was kinda tired:p. So trials and muni are the same as far as strength goes, but in trials you usually use a 19" rim. In muni you can use anything from trials to 36", but 24 is the most common.

Like I tried to say before a trials specific uni is the same as a street one but for steet most preffer shorter cranks.

hey bro, got just the thing for you, you NEED to talk to roland at the german UDC, i am getting a custom uni from him that should be here this week, parts ar as follows.

07 kh hub and 137mm cranks
try all pedals
07 kh rim
spokes (and wheelbuild)
luna trials tyre
tube
iron cross valve cap
koxx 1 crmo frame same as on the red devil (special price as it has a scratch from the people who deliver it to him)
27.2 mm crmo post (black)
K1 clamp
and 07 kh street saddle
oh and red try all rim tape

all up it is costing 307 eur or 530 ish AU
i was wanting the cheaper frame but the wide flanges on the nub wont fit so he made a great deal on the slightly scratched frame so i am happy.

all up a great street or trials uni at an affordable price, and shipping from there is 2 weeks ish mate’s took just under 2 weeks in QLD.

i would have got a complete uni but none offered what i was after at the right price so i decided to go custom and still have a damn good uni for less $$$

hope that helped somehow