Strange day @ work today

This afternoon as things slowed down at the Cadillac Dealership, I grabbed my uni and began to practice again. I rode past a customer that was wandering around in the shop area and dismounted. Then I went back to my cinderblock that I use to start on and the customer walked over and asked “can I show you how to get on that thing?” I handed the uni to him, he put one foot on the rear pedal, popped up on the saddle and rode a few feet. He handed it back, said “I just wanted to see if I could still do it,” smiled and walked away while I stood there bewildered!!!

Re: Strange day @ work today

That’s not a strange day, that’s a great day!

So, was he shopping for a Catera?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

I wish I was so Lucky. I love to meet and interact with new Unicyclists.

Logan

Re: Re: Strange day @ work today

Did he show you a pedal grind along the hood of a Rendezvous?

Originally posted by JJuggle

So, was he shopping for a Catera?

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

I never did find out who he was or why he was in the shop area

(Phantom unicyclist,perhaps?)

Did he show you a pedal grind along the hood of a Rendezvous

No Rendezvous here, did you mean Escalade?

He showed me no other tricks, just disappeared as fast as he arrived!!!

It has already been said many times, but bears repeating…There are probably thousands of people out there who can ride or once did ride unicycles, but have given it up. Some of them just need a little prodding or serendipity to get them back into it. I was one of those people for about 18 years until an off hand comment by my boss made me want to take it up again.

Perhaps you, Sir Krashin’, have served that purpose today.

Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

Never thought of it like that! I may have helped rekindle an old flame, eh???

My father in law used to deliver papers on a uni way back when. When I gave him my uni he just got on (leaning against a vehicle to start) and rode away. No problem. His second try he even got a freemount. He hadn’t ridden a uni in something like 25 years. I was quite amazed that he still could. I’m hoping that this skill in a grandfather, father will translate into skill for my daughter.
:smiley: