Specialized unicycle

I’m definitely in the “we should be more like bikes” category, for road riding and races. Wow, writing it out like that doesn’t sound good. But I think there’s lots to learn from them.

I’m actually surprised and excited by what looks like a shallow frame angle, compared to how unicyclists normally ride. I don’t know if he was slowing down, leaning left/right, uphill/downhill, and the photo isn’t a straight-on profile, so I can’t measure the angle from the picture (not to mention potential issues like rolling-shutter distortion from the camera). BUT it at least looks like something close to the 72 degrees standard for road bikes. So maybe a bicycle seat could be comfortable in that setup?

We need V-frames! I want to build (or want someone to build) an add-on v-frame: weld it to the lower bearing clamps, and bolt the top tube back onto the frame. Set up handlebars and go!

I’m not exactly sure what you mean here, but I’m interested in having you describe it better.

yes it is

I’m going to use bike-inspired terms.
Top-tube = horizontal tube that connects the seat forks to the down-forks. (uni v-frames tend to double-purpose the down-tube as the head-tube).
Down-forks = connect the handle-bar end of the top-tube to the hub and seat-forks.
Seat-forks = vertical-ish (about 72 degrees on most bikes) rear forks connecting the seat-post and top-tube to the hub and down-forks.

I want to end up with a V-frame most similar to Turtle’s or kind of like naturequack’s. The rear portion of the V would be your standard unicycle frame, so the add-on is the top-tube and down-forks.

Top-tube bolts to the seat-post-tube of your regular uni frame, via a clamp around the frame. The down-forks bolt to the bottom of the seat-forks by replacing the lower-half of the frame’s bearing clamps. So it’s sort of like a regular frame, but with the half-circles that go on the bearings turned almost upside-down, to go around the bottom half of the bearings.

… a diagram probably could explain this much better, but hopefully this makes sense. Building this is pretty close to my #1 priority for… when I have time…