Soaked seat

http://www.unicycle.com/unicycle-hardware/saddles-and-accessories/saddle-accessories/gemcrest-pink-vinyl-seat-cover.html/

If I were in a seriously wet climate I would probably look at making my own seat cushion out of closed cell foam (that won’t absorb moisture) and then put some sort of vinyl cover on it.

If you want an old (07/08) KH cover with vinyl top and sides (but permeable front and back) PM me your address and assuming I can send it as a letter I will send you one that I am not using.

Additional suggestions:

• Air saddle (or conversion) with non-absorbent fabric cover; what Maestro suggested
  • Waterproof pants (easier than making seats :))
  • If your seat does get wet, bring it into that air-conditioned room of yours to get dry. The whole uni if you can, as wet, humid air is destructive to metal also...

:slight_smile: thanks saskatchewanian. I think I’ll take you up on that.

Well, I don’t have the money or the ability to do something like that because I am poor and only 17, but I guess I could suggest to Kris Holm that maybe he should consider what type of foam they use in life jackets, and maybe use it for his unicycle seats. I’m sure they are designed not to rot or mold, and the inner foam itself seems to keep moisture out pretty well. It is designed to do so, or else people would sink. They also seem pretty well padded. After all, I have taken some pretty hard hits water skiing in life jackets and they seem to cushion the fall. So Kris, maybe you should look into this type of foam and weigh the cost/benefits/comfort level, and maybe test to see just how water resistant this foam is. Maybe you could use it in a future saddle model with an optional vynl cover?

On my 20 I don’t use a seat cover, I cut some of the foam off and then covered the seat in gaffer tape and it’s been good for a few months so far.

can I see a picture of the seat jamesande

I’ll have to take some but i’ll try to get them up soon for you.

edit: sorry I don’t know why those are upside down.

I have similar problems with the new seat covers so I use the vinil top covers on the new seats. The new cover also absorbs sweat a lot and therefore can get very stinky after a while. So I would recommend going with the old vinil top covers if you can get a hold of thse. Might be a good idea to keep offering those as an option for the new KH seats, Kris.

I may do that to my saddle