snowdon...this year?

right well i’m throwing a date up :smiley:

9th - 11th March fri/sat/sun

10th is my birthday! :smiley:

So I don’t know if I can make it! :frowning:

Edd

That would mean a UK unicycle event clash: 10th March is Unicycle Hockey Tournament in Manchester.

ok how about weekend b4 it?

2nd - 4th?

only other date is the 16th - 18th without getting to close to BUC

Two words:

MK Ride!

I’m only off from uni on the 17th, so thats a no go for me. I can’t get back, unpacked, sort transport and pack for a 3 day muni holiday in an afternoon. 24-25th seems good for me and the rest of our group. We will be taking the miners up, llanberis down. Its just nicer.

Loose.

I suppose saying that March 24-25th weekend is the BUSA mountainbiking champs isn’t going to be high up the list of reasons to avoid a weekend?

nope :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to do this as well, the 24th & 25th means missing a Gloucester Rugby home game, but I suppose occasionly sacrifices have to be made!!!

I’m realy up for this again (like edd said), but as i dont have a 24" muni i will be on me trials again, hell yeah! unless anyone can persuade me to buy a muni… :roll_eyes:
By the way i think the 24-25th weekend seems quite good (3 days after my 18th bday yeah!)
An also cant we go up the miners track and down it too?

leo

Pah, not that much of a sacrifice - those of us who did Snowdon for the Central TV program missed the last RWC FINAL !!!

I haven’t ridden the mountain since the 2005 ride Norry mentioned earlier in this thread, so I guess I am overdue a visit. I also like the Miners / Llanberis suggestion - it just needs a bit of planning with vehicles in Llanberis and at Pen-y-Pas. Hopefully, I’m in !!! :smiley:

Chris

Well glad everyone is happy with that date.

I don’t see why we can’t do 2 rides up snowdon :smiley: 1 each day, diff trial :slight_smile:

Tbh there is lots to do around there, start making surgestions :smiley:

How about a day of natural trials? Theres loads of cool places in snowdonia!

Like this!

Rock on!
Edd

The steep uphill bit of the miners track is a climb on foot, I think it might be unrideable down. It’s also illegal to ride down.

The Rhydd-dhu and Snowdon Ranger paths are legal to ride down though, although I hear they’re a bit too hard for most riders on bikes.

Joe

If you think you can ride this be my guest, it’s a 600 foot drop if you UPD though.

Lol, I knew you’d post that picture…

According to the rest of our group, Dave Alex and Matt, we’re all good for the 23rd to 25th of March. We need to organise accommodation, but after thats confirmed we can make final plans for what to do on each day, when and where to meet for the snowdon run, etc.

Loose.

well i don’t fancy hostel, so i’m gonna book into my usual B&B :smiley:

If you can’t be arsed to camp, Boulder Adventures in Llanberis are friendly and were quite cheap last time. Breakfast = all you can eat cereal+toast+bacon sarnies which saves buying it elsewhere. I think they had somewhere inside to put my uni.

Joe

I might be up for this if I’m in Wales at the time, it’s something I’ve always wanted to do. I’ve gotten pretty unfit over the last couple of months though, and I wouldn’t want to slow the group down. What are everyone else’s fitness levels like?