Snowbank trials

Today, it was snowing quite hard, up here in canada (near toronto) and i went for a little ride. I was on my MUni, and going full speed over all piles of snow/ice i could find. Somewhere during the ride, i found a particluairily large pile of snow, thoght i saw a line, and went for it. It was sooo much fun:D pedal grabs, drops, powerslides (on the ice;) ) and pretty much anything else. This was the best on the crusty snow, and the worst on the powder snow. Everything else in between was rideable! I was wondering, has anyone else tried this? Oh yeah, I did trials on snowmen too! That was cool, pedal grab to stomach, go to rubber quick, then off to another higher snowbank, It was great!Now i’m thinking of joining all those little kids out in the front yards except move all the snow (and some wood) into sweet trials lines!

Just thought all you should know, oh yeah, ice and trials d’ont mix, but the very crusty piles of snow most certainly doo!

-Ryan

Never pass up a chance for some Downhilling at a local toboggan park! I never thought of snow trials, but DH’ing is how I stayed sane (well, didn’t go more insane) last winter

Cool idea!
Im going to get my shovel and make snowbank trials…I better look for some of that snow stuff first. Hasnt snowed here in 16 years. RATS! Im screwed.
Sounds like fun

Scott

Re: Snowbank trials

m_extreme_uni wrote …
> Today, it was snowing quite hard, up here in canada (near toronto) and i
> went for a little ride. I was on my MUni, and going full speed over all
> piles of snow/ice i could find. Somewhere during the ride, i found a
> particluairily large pile of snow, thoght i saw a line, and went for it.
> It was sooo much fun:D pedal grabs, drops, powerslides (on the ice;) )
> and pretty much anything else.

You must be North of Toronto, yes? I’m in Hamilton and was trying to
play around with the measly three (five where it “drifted”)
centimetres we got. There certainly wasn’t anywhere near enough to get
banks, though I did try some sliding.

That said, I figure I need to go and buy a decently knobby tire (I
still have the original tire on – it’s a Bedford 20" freestyle).
Within the first thirty feet I had the uni slide sideways out from
under me.

Have fun in the snow,
Eli.