SixSixOne 4x4s

Definately this would be good and is something I’m working towards. This Spring the KH unis will be available through QBP, one of the U.S.’ largest bike distributors, so they’ll be available for order in most bikeshops in the USA. Hopefully I can convince them to also distribute the armor at some point, but it’s sometimes tough to compete with the big companies.

I don’t think they would ever be as cheap as the 661’s because the materials in them are better and thus more expensive. For example, for the face fabric I used 1200 denier ballistics nylon fabric, and the 661’s use 300 denier cordura.

With the Percussion armor, I wanted to distinguish it from bike armor by including features that the bike armor brands don’t really care about. The main things are:

1. back of the leg protection
  2. abrasion resistance on the inside of the calf (ie protection against rubbing on the tire)
  3. armor that doesn’t stick out on the inside of the knee when you flex your leg, so it doesn’t catch on the fork crown.

Kris

I just ordered another pair of 661 4x4’s from Nashbar; Price is more than right at only $24.99. (Waaay less than UDC’s price of $43!) Flat shipping rate of $7.99 to anywhere in the US. :):D:p :sunglasses:

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c…3A%20SixSixOne

Help with sizing!!!

OK, I want to order some 4x4s tonight, but I dont know what size to get. My leg is 9 inches at the bottom and about 13/14 inches at the top. I’m 6’ 3" so they need to be long. A 4 inch difference at the top between the large and the small is a HUGE difference. will this matter?