Single wheeled motorcycle

It keeps popping up in the google ads, have you seen this?

e39m5

ya those r so gay

I saw an awesome one once that was a front motorcycle wheel with a go-kart engine inside the wheel. It had handlebars and a seat and counter weights near the bottom to keep you somewhat upright.

I’ll try to find a picture of it…

Here ya go, Spudman…

aptly named!!

Those are, by far, the most homosexual peices of metal and plastic I have ever seen. Please keep enforcing the negative images of gays in society.

I actually think they’re pretty neat.

I heard a really gay guy call a school assignment gay today…I would’ve thought he be against using such derogatory language, but apparently not.

I’ve got some monocycle links in my unicycle bookmarks. You might be able to find a picture of the monocycle in those links.

Those are just the yuppies, I have gay friends, and they don’t mind when I say things like ‘gay’ or ‘fag’, infact they often use the language themselves, especialy fag in a sexual manner. Just the annoying yuppies bitch, so thats all you hear about, same with indians, they don’t mind being called indians, you don’t have to call them native americans, you can call me cracker, or a french pussy, whatever, I don’t fricking care.

One time I said I nigger riged something infront of a black friend, and was like “whoops” and he was like, “Dude I don’t fucking care.” And yes I refuse to call them african americans. Stop trying to be so damn politcaly correct, your creating racism that dosn’t exist, or the ‘idea’ that something is racist.

Would you drop the “N-word” unless you were black?

To stay on topic, that riot thing is bitchin, but I don’t know if it’ll set the land speed record. Theres another guy out there that builds some pretty bitchi’n motorcycle / monocycle hybrids.

I used to work with a gay guy… he called stuff gay all the time… he used to joking call me a ‘fag’ because I have long hair.

Dave

The reason that you shouldn’t use “gay” as a perjorative has nothing to do with political correctness. You shouldn’t use “gay” as a perjorative because it makes you look like an idiot. There are thousands of better words could use that would better get your point across.

Agreed.

Hmm…
None of those links has it. Weird.

I haven’t looked at motorized unis in a while, and it looks like there are now a zillion times as many pages as there were when I found the one I’m talking about. I’ll keep looking.

It’s strange how so many people are trying to design these wheels that encompass the rider. You can’t see that way! The one I saw before looked like an awesome design that had the exact same wheel as a motorcycle and used some chopper-mini-bike-kinda designed frame. dang, I gotta find it and build one to show all these pseudo-moto-unicycles how it’s done.

Found it!

that’s a very interesting blend of unicycle style seating and monocycle style propulsion

what would one call that?

oh, and by the way, can i call something ‘straight’?

and while we’re (not) on the subject…
if u use ‘gay’ because gay people think it’s fine
or ‘nigga’ because your one black friend doesn’t care
does that mean u never make up your own mind?
is your entire life and understanding of yourself as a member of the human race based on the approval of others?
don’t u ever make a moral decision for yourself?

just checking

yeah, the point about riding inside the wheel (it’s called a monowheel ususally in this configuration) is that you don’t have to balance the saddle on top of the wheel. the R.I.O.T wheel is different in that it has computer controlled counter weights which adjust their position depending on the acceleration. On the whole ‘gay’ subject, i just see it as inaccurate, that’s not atall what you mean, you’re just too inarticulate to use a correct word to describe your dislike, get some eductation.

There’s a video on one of those …

T.V. amasing video shows…

That has the original designer crashing one while testing …

Wiping out in one of those looked to be a worse experience than on a motorcycle…

(IMO)

The braking mechanism threw the cycle off balance.

Great contraption. Looks British, doesn’t it? Like half a BSA Rocket or something. You should send the picture to Aardman Animation so they can include a motorised uni in the next Wallace & Gromit movie.

power uni Edition

more power

one more :slight_smile:

Hey Spudman - do you have any more info on that machine?