SIF hop.....

im really getting into trials uni but i have one huge problem…i cant manage more than an 10" side hop seat in. so i need help learning SIF hopping…any suggestions would be great. thanks all

-Phil

yeah id usually answer but I kno ppl r gonna tell you this :
use the search button

basically practice it alot till u get used to it so it feels normal then u can try diffrent techniques to see what works n what doesnt. once good you can learn to tuck the uni under you and push the seat out in front to get more height. my best recorded side hop was 32in. over a bar at motorama last year.

Hi,

you can train jumping up stairs.
When i train i do : hop to the left, hop to the right, seat in, seat out, and i would have to do it left pedal in front, left pedal behind but i am always bored ans/or tired when i get there. First i did it step by step, now 2 steps by 2 steps. Except for hop sit out to the left which i can do 3 steps in a row now.

Manu

There is a workshop from Kris about the SIF-hopping at www.unicycle.2ya.com

[QUOTE=uniracer]
basically practice it alot till u get used to it so it feels normal then u can try diffrent techniques to see what works n what doesnt. once good you can learn to tuck the uni under you and push the seat out in front to get more height. my best recorded side hop was 32in. over a bar at motorama last year.[/QUOTE

32" seat in? :astonished:

he meas 32 in as inches…not seat in! lol

do a search for Ryan Atkins video ‘How to Hop Quite High’

yeah that was 32" seat in front. if i could do that seat in i’d rule!