shoe laces

This happened to me once while i was riding and it unscrewed my pedal all the way… it was awkward

I usually tie my shoes regularly, then tuck the knot under the laces.
Never had a problem since I started doing that too. Your shoes also never come untied that way.

Thanks. i bet I can find a tutorial on utube

Or look at Ian’s Shoelace Site. Ian's Shoelace Site – Checkerboard Lacing

I use the sidelace (with laces out): Ian's Shoelace Site – Hiking / Biking Lacing

Heres more than you could ever imagine about tying shoelaces in one place:

The “hike/bike” lacing seems interesting…

Sam

Or you can get some shoes that have a laces cover :smiley:

I ordered a pair of the new Shimano AM 41 mtb shoe, it comes in non SPD, Vibram sole is flat, ridged, and sticky. Ordered a size 47 and they were a little short and tight, so I have a size 48 coming next week.

In store playing around with the shoe I found that it had a narrower fit like an spd style shoe, so less side to side slippage, sole is designed for platforms, so no recess in the arch like the Five Ten Impacts, full lacing with a velcro cover, extra ankle protection on the inside edge similar to Impacts, nice construction, a little stiffer sole than the Impacts and far less bulky, and lightweight :smiley:

They look a little bit high tech, but in person they are more subdued:

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/products/shoe_test.html#mens/mtb/3/SH-AM41

Review to follow…

Am-41

I’ve ridden Muni in the AM-41 for about a year now. For me, they have been a fantastic shoe. I’ve got big(ish) feet (11/45) and find the heel trimmer and less clunky that the 5.10 MTB shoes. The grip has been fine for both riding and hiking, and the lace cover does its job. I especially like the higher in board ankle (like a high top on the wheel side only). The two choices of insole stiffness are nice. I finally settled on the more flexible for better feel. All in all, the performance offsets the "golf shoe or “p!mp” color scheme, although its grown on me…edg

I few years ago I discovered : Ian’s Secure Shoelace Knot / “Double Slip Knot” Since this day I had NO slippage for every type of lace, just perfect !
For uni : loops and free lace in !

Hey Edg, do you have an older style? I think the new ones only have one stiffness, at least the set I messed with didn’t have an additional insert and the insole appeard fixed, kinda a rubbery material.

This has happened to me twice…

The first time was on my 36er, I managed to slow down enough to fall without hurting myself. My unicycle however, lost about 7 spokes in the accident :frowning:

The second time, was on my 20inch, in the air while attempting to crankflip a 5 stair gap. It was not a pleasant feeling, and I ended up twisting my ankle pretty badly.

Am-41

Ben- Yes, I’ve got the older white/green version. The new one looks identical except for the color…Ed