Senior competition!

terry here are the pics of the tire. What are the benefits to the airfoil?

IMG_6602.JPG

IMG_6603.JPG

Haha that’s the TA tire, and it’s excellent! Not bald at all. The airfoil advantage is that it’s double walled aluminum and much stronger and lighter than the earlier steel rims. Nice setup! Enjoy it!:smiley:

Hill climb?

Five miles seems a little short for a good summit climb … How about something like the Ride 542 Mt Baker Hill Climb Sept. 7, 2008?

http://www.norkarecreation.com/hcindex.html

JM

ride542hill climb.jpg

Wow! Have you done that? How long did it take you and how many stops/breaks did you take? That looks insane but hell yeah I’d go for it!:smiley:

I’m so glad this ride always conflicts with my annual MS charity ride. It looks like nothing but pain from bottom to top.

But I’m in awe of your times on that thing…

No pain, no (elevation) gain!":stuck_out_tongue:

Great ride…

I did it non-stop. 2:31:43

http://www.norkarecreation.com/hcresults.htm

Also did the STP last summer.

JM

Cool! So you averaged what, about 12mph? I ssume you did it on a coker? WHat cranks length? Oh, and is that 24.5 miles one-way or round trip? (up/back down) Edit Looks like one way.

Btw, what main type of riding do you do, and do you ride extreme MUni, natural or regular trials, big drops, stair sets, etc?

Mostly endurance

Did three 100 mile plus days last year each with long days the day after. During the STP I rode 120 the first day and 84 the second day.

I rode the climb on 125 cranks with spd clipless pedals. Hope to have some other unicycles competing for prize money in this year’s Ride 542.

I commute all year long to work. Rain, shine, wind or snow. Not much shine here in Bellingham, WA. Rode almost six thousand miles in 2007.

Do some off road and small drops. Nothing big like you do. Do a few other things. Only been riding for four years.

JM

Haha that’s twice as long as me! So then you did ride a coker for that climb? Got any videos of you riding?