⚙ Schlumpf hubs produced again

Romain, from the famous French shop CDK told me yesterday he found these new hubs looked better than the last series - they apparently turn and shift better. He didn’t ride any, though.

1 Like

I’m guessing this (from the 2009 Schlumpf manual) is what @mindbalance was referring to. Done while the wheel is stationary and just pressing the buttons and moving the cranks by hand

2 Likes

Hello !

I have received a new version of the schlumpf disc in 203mm. But I don’t have the right screws. The original disc was not chamfered. Does anyone have the reference for the countersunk screws? Thanks!

Not sure I understand what you mean be “reference”. I don’t know the exact type/model of screw.

But I believe I have some (because I also have an unmounted 203mm disc in a box somewhere). I can measure their length/head diameter and then you might be able to be deduct what type/model of screw they are. Would that be helpful?

1 Like

Thanks for your help.
At first I thought I’d have to be able to work out on my own which screws I needed, but as I hadn’t done so… I posted this message and then sent a message back to Schlumpf.
I should have the answer or the screws soon.
I like to know the exact screw models. On the French forum I had started a list. I did this because I’d discovered a French site where you can order all sorts of screws.

If you’re interested, here’s the topic I created in French. I hope the nomenclature is international:

3 Likes

Florian should have provided you with the required new type of screws. That’s what happens with hubs post-fix.

I guess you can find their spec and buy some but they might still be tricky-ish to find.

1 Like

Just found the box and snapped a few pictures, while you were replying.
I believe they are M4 13mm countersunk T-20 screws.

3 Likes

Referring to your photos, it’s M4x16

1 Like

No, M4x13 I guess

Two sets of screws, depending on the spacers. So… You’re probably both night :grin:
Although, as far as I remember, one set was 14mm while the other one was 16. But my memories may be wrong.

I think on the pictures you see m4x16 screws. Countersunk metric screws are measured the complette lenght inclusive the head. Next smaller norm lenght is 14mm.

1 Like