Schlumpf hubs: general discussion

Fair enough, I’ve got a spare rotor hanging around the shed, I’ll screw it on and see what happens :smiley: I didn’t even consider the post mount adaptor being in the way though.

You’ve seen my brake usage, I’m not planning any ‘hard’ usage but I am definitely planning a lot more usage in general, hence my wish for an upgrade :smiley:

Thanks for the help as always! Looks like I’ve got a project for next weekend.

Also consider looking for flatter screws. there are some, that have a flatter head then the standard onse supplied with rotors. The were photos and links somewhere around the forum …

Flatter than the ones supplied with Shimano rotors?
(https://cdn.bike-discount.de/media/org/orgb_S/orgid_27/thumbs/405817_3558774.jpg)

I think I remember sth like this but am not sure. If not, it’s still possible to use countersink screws

Presumably the rotors themselves aren’t countersunk to allow for that though? Come to think of it I’ve never actually checked.

They’re not, but people have modified them to be so.

Unearthing this post a few years back. I’m starting to think about putting together a G32 uni and this mod is pretty spot since there won’t be a 125mm wide inboard disc in the near future - or ever.

Did you make the part directly or do you have a 3D map? A friend of mine works at a place where he has access to all sorts of fancy tools and can make this adaptor.

What is the offset of the inside spokes? The hub I have is probably about the same age as yours - it’s ISIS though, but early ones.

Thanks!

adapter

Hello Pierrox,
If you look a couple of pages bake I offer up an adapter for the newer version for Muni. The one you pictured is for the early square taper (#102) the one offered was for a 48 hole 32" rim from a K-Mart bike. Would that work? if not I was thinking of selling my 29’r Schlumpf because I can not take the chance of a fast UPD.

I guess you mean that one?

I missed that post indeed. That would be nice indeed and might do the trick. Mine is M0133 ISIS cranks. I guess that’s a good base to start from!

So yep I’m interested, let’s switch to PM. I’m based in Paris, France, but also visits family in Concord, NC once or twice a year.

Can anyone tell me Schlumpf generation’s number?

I’m looking to buy a Schlumpf about #540 or #550, I cannot remember exact number I was told.

Is it a 3d gen? Can anyone link me to a post with different generation issue and batch number for every generation?

Anyone could help?

Based on the serial number reference thread, it was likely produced mid 2012.
What generation that’s considered to be I couldn’t say, but I don’t think anything changed in the design between then and when we got end-stops on the latest generation.

Thank you!

I want totry the spirit disc brake set up on my g26er, with my previous version schlumpf hub to the current one. So I wanted to know if you think the following should work:

I’ll get a frame with the disc tab on the right side (does it have to be set up on the right side?), and then grind the bearing cap to the appropriate thickness, then install the crank and disc until it lines up with the brake caliper, then add threadlocker to the crank Bolt.

Does this sound like a feasible plan? I realize that since there are no bearing spacers, that cranks can become looser over time, and then if I snug them up a little bit more that might throw off the alignment with the caliper.

Would really appreciate your thoughts if you’ve tried this.

Yes, because it’s the right Spirit crank that has the disc mount.

To get the disc to line up with the caliper, I grinded off quit a bit of the brake adapter.

This is true. After fitting everything, I tighthened the crank bolt a little to much, so I had to take the crank off and put it back on with less torque (but still within the KH recomandation).

The disc ended up very close to the frame, but that hasn’t been an issue. In the middle of this video you can see the adjustments I had to do to the frame and brake adapter, and also how close to the frame the disc is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBYUbnnO-Yo

Before doing this I watched Nathan Hoover’s video, but he used a D’brake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtZzcXD2W0s

Maybe you should go this route…:

Kudos to Lobbybopster for making this piece of art!

What is it? And if it’s a mount for a disc shouldn’t it be on the right side where the tab is located on the frame?

It is a disk mount - internal disks are on the opposite side to crank mounted disks.
Requires a custom disk (and a d’brake mount) to use it, but it’s a very cool part.

I still wonder whether we’ll ever get 125mm Schlumpf hubs supporting a (standard) inbound disk.

from everything I’ve heard from those in the know, the 125mm S-hub is not likely to see the light of day at least not in the foreseeable future. As for that disc mount, which is awesome, I would love to have one of those custom made for my schlumpf! And another option would be the mad4one frame which has tabs on both sides.

I was waiting for a 125mm hub with internal disc too, but as you heard, I think it’ll never see the light of day. Then it occurred to me that someone had made a custom adapter. And yes, it was in this thread, a few pages back. Lobbybopster had a spare one, for an early hub like the one I have. So now I’m installing it in my G29 to make some measurements. And the ultimate goal is to have it in a 32" wheel, with a custom frame (100 mm wide, brake tabs on the left) built by Flamsberium.

And yes, inboard disc are on the left. Simply because the brake caliper has to be to the left of the disc.