sadness

i’m at the university of texa at arlington. aerospace engineering so i can make zeppelins later. i’ll probably be going back home for some reason or another, and i’ll stick it in the back of the car when nobody’s looking. piece of cake and i won’t have to ride/walk 8 miles in the hot sun. also, because the zip codes are weird here, i gave the wrong one to jagur so it may be a while before i get my cranks

I wish I knew how to uni when I was still at my old uni campus- it would have saved me a lot of time walking for 30min each way from my flat! Students are notoriously stingy with regard to transport (why pay $1 for a bus ticket when you can walk?)

Perhaps you could convince your dad that it would be the ideal form of transport- portable and easy to slip into lecture theatres and get you around campus quickly and therefore allow yourself more time to study :wink:

I guess you have a few years before you dress up for your Uni graduation

unigradxx.jpg

in arlington we don’t even have to be stingy since there ain’t any buses for us to not ride. that’s actually what made me think of getting a uni in the first place. midjuly, i was thinking that walking everywhere in arlington would be a real pain and that b*ke’s required i use my hands, so why not get a unicycle? had me my torker the next week

Ken, I really enjoyed seeing the pictures of Baldwin Street, the “World’s Steepest Street” and your verified stamp showing that you indeed rode up the hill on you Uni… totally cool. --chirokid–

my expedition to rescue my uni went like this:
i ride eight and a half miles on a bke to get to a train station, get there in time to wait and almost two hours for the next one, and then decide to walk four miles down the track to get to the station at dfw airport. these two guys that were fishing stopped me and told me that once it got dark coyotes would come out and eat me. so they give me a ride to the airport, i ride the train to dallas, switch trains, get to plano (home) and i start calling people to see if i could sleep at their places. not looking good, and my phone’s battery is starting to die. so i get to my house and ride around to the side of the house to chain the bke to a tree. but just as i go around the side of the house, my dad comes outside to smoke, and sees me. and i go ‘tassa was coming back up to plano and i came up with her. surprise!’ so when i leave to ‘go to tassa’s house’, i’ll actually be riding back to the train station with my uni over my shoulder. i’d leave the b*ke in plano except the uni still has 150’s on it and i can’t manage eight and a half miles with ym feet constantly slipping off the pedals. so it looks like it’s gonna work, and i’ll have my uni

Chirokid,

I wrote up a ride review on Unicycle.com NZ . Make sure you check it out if you ever head over to this part of the world!

Ken

p/s I can’t wait to try my new Coker on Baldwin street- I think I’ll have to hitchhike down to Dunedin later this year:p

i have successfully made it back to arlington with my uni. riding uphill on a mb, uni over my left shoulder, right hand on the handlebar, is hard work. especially considering that i’m left handed. but the gear shifter was on that side so i had to. but that’ll be the last time i ride the b*ke anywhere

Congratulations! You now have a unicycle at college. That is one of the greatest advantages you can have at school. Now for the rest of your life, if you ever run into someone who went to your school at the same time as you, if you mention that you were the one on the unicycle, most likely they will know who you are. Exciting, huh?
I’m glad you got it there safely. Have fun on campus, and remember, you are now the UnBassador to your school. Give unicycling and unicyclists a good name!

a good name? but i wa planning on hanging with the skateboarders…