saddle bags

I’ll take one too! Looks awesome :sunglasses:

Yes, it’s homemade. Don’t really plan making a bunch but the idea is there for anyone to make (or have made) their own.

Jim

Yes, I was surprised that the subject has not really come up in the last 16 years.
Jim

Very cool item, congrats! The unicycle world needs this. :slight_smile:

Or a bumper with holes.

And most of the 2002 portion of this thread was about sweating, not saddle bags! FWIW, I had one on my Excessory Cycle, a 24" Schwinn that I coated with bike accessories in 1981. If I remember correctly, the saddle bag was attached under the seat with a coat hanger, bent similarly to what JimT made, but not as pretty. The Excessory Cycle also had things like a pump, water bottle, fender, hood ornament (on the fender), reflectors, generator working a headlight, tail light and a pair of side lights, tire-driven speedometer, more reflectors, a “Raww Power” noise-making device built into the saddle bag, two bulb horns, one electric horn, battery operated turn signals, a rear rack with bear trap-style hold-down thingie, two bike flags, and half toe-clips. :slight_smile:

I don’t have any recent pictures of it because the tire blew back in 2001 or so, and I had to take it almost completely apart to get the tire out (Schwinn frame). So I dismantled it completely, and it’s been a restoration “project” in a box since then…

I use a Vaude triangle bag on my touring muni.