Richmond, VA uni rides

hey all, me and sandyray are going to be doing a little street and trials ride downtown on sunday, anybody’s welcome, we’ll be meeting at kanawa plaza at around noon or so, so if you wanna come down feel free to joi us. (be a great opportunity for non trials and street riders to pick up a few tips)

I’ll try and be there. It’s actually suppose to be in the 40’s.

I’ve been out all week with a cold; I’ll catch back up with everyone in a few weeks I guess.

cool hope to see you there frank, yea the weather should be decent

Found this and thought Richmond might be interested:

Hey, I have been talking to gordito8me (Max from PA) and he is gonna be hosting an informal trials comp near Philly. I know it’s a pretty long drive, but if you have the time for it, etc. check it out. Here’s the thread: PA trials competition!!!

Hope to see you there.

-Max

Saturday Ride

Unicyclist Fora,
I’m heading over to Belle Isle this Saturday (2/24) at 1pm and bringing the 29" and the Muni; It’ll probably just be a general ride, nothing in particular.

damn dude wish i could come but i got plans saturday, u have fun tho

Hey Max. How’s the backflip coming along? Any progress with a trampoline?

a little, my camera man has been busy though so i haven’t been able to get it on film. there’s actually a lot more physics and math involved than i had suspected. i took one of the vid’s into my physics teacher and he gave me some hints and tips so when i o get some new vids up the will hopefullybe more impressive.

Muni in Williamsburg VA?

Hey, Virginians. I’m a mountain unicyclist from California, and I’ll be in Williamsburg from about May 30 - June 4. Can anyone tell me if there are any advanced muni rides nearby? Do any of you live near there? I won’t have a car, but I’d love to put something together. Feel free to email me at eyal@sbuni.org.

Thanks!
Eyal

This Saturday… Crime In Stereo, permanent, and down to nothing are playing alley katz in rva.

I might be able to meet up with you before I head to the show (if I decide to drive down that is).

Anyone wanna ride in FREDERICKSBURG on April 28?

So far there is 3 of us, and we’re riding in the March of Dimes. Contact me if you’re interested.

Dave Critchfield (Orange Co.), John Jones (Spotsylvania), and I (Stafford Co.) are riding our unicycles in the March of Dimes event in Old Town Fredericksburg on April 28, 9AM. There is free food and a celebration back at the park where we begin, after the ride. WANT TO JOIN US? If you do, please let me know!

Dave is the guy I know from Lake of the Woods, where I first rode a penny farthing, giraffe, and Corker 360 (his gear). He and John do a lot of unicycling and juggling. The three of us are riding in the March of Dimes. It would be cool if you could come along.

Check out these for more information:

geocities.com/jneigh4

sounds like fun, I’ll definitely try and make it up there. I’ll bring Skippii’s geared up “penguin-style” giraffe.

So a few people will be meeting at Kanawha Plaza in downtown Richmond at noon this Saturday, 6/9 and you’re all invited. Bring some friends, bring some unicycles.

For folks that can’t make it to DC this Saturday to ride with the Schlumpfed Briton:

Belle Isle rocks, at noon Saturday 6/16/07

There will be a NATS bike trials comp, and later on a trials demo on Brown’s Island. I’ve been told that unicyclists are welcome, at least to hangout and ride, but last time they let me compete with NATS rules in the beginner class, which I won:) I’ll also have my 24" with me, if anyone wants to squeeze in a quick muni ride.

i’ll be there my good man

I can’t make it this Saturday, but I wouldn’t do too much in a trials comp-- Hey try to get some pictures if you can. I’m curious about what the lines would be.

Does anyone want to do some riding/slacklining today/tomorrow?

I’ll probably be setting up the slackline again today near the VCU Cabel Library (around 6pm) if anyone’s interested, bring a unicycle.

Here’s a map

Sounds like fun, but I’ll be parking cars. Are you unicycling on said slackline or just walking?