Revolution One

Amazing video Dan, thank you.

I remember when R1 was first announced, and really glad to see it come to fruition. Brings me back to when I first got into unicycling back in 2005. My friend showed me Universe 2 and Defect, and I was hooked. Great memories.

I really liked the storytelling aspect of R1. It’s a well-produced video showcasing some awesome riding footage like its predecessors, but has that educational element on the history of unicycling from the ground up. I learnt some new things about the development of the sport that previous articles didn’t articulate so clearly at times. Being able to put a face to a pioneering name, listening to them, and seeing the context of where and when things happened are inspiring.

A lot of respect to those who paved the way for the sport.

Does anyone know where I can cheaply watch Universe 1, 2 and Defect?

Unicycle.com they are on sale I think.

Yeah but that Kris Holm guy is timeless. He doesn’t look a bit different than when he first appeared at Unicon in the late 90’s. :smiley:

Do you realize that danger_uni is KH?

Yes. for the past 8 years or so.

Excellent work Dan and also of your team. Really nice to know from where all started.

Cheers

awesome cant wait to watch

Great work on the film!

i just watched this film a few days ago while looking for unicycling info and i have to say i really really enjoyed it. this film and the Stephanie Dietze website are really where i got the “who knew?” epiphany. having had no interest in or exposure to unicycling i can honestly say i popped along to the uni convention last week fully expecting to see jugglers and circus style trickery. this is a really good documentary worthy of being seen even by people with no interest in unicycles. you did a terrific job of showing how uni’s are on the same plane as mtb, bmx, skateboarding, inline etc in terms of self expression and freedom in a non mainstream sport. loved it!

Wow! I have been watching every uni vid I could find lately (when I’m not out riding) and have got to say, this is the best I’ve seen so far. Being new to the uni, its great to see where the sport started. I spent all my money on a new uni yesterday, but will tip when I can!

I watched this video many times. I mostly enjoy the very beginning. I love the way Dan gets on the uni with no problem after he pulls it from that car. Very cool! I have to stretch out real well but when I pick up my muni from the ground, I am up and going just as quick. What used to be the most challenging part of riding for me is now performed with a bit of attitude and confidence.
Thanks for the inspiration Dan.

Thanks Dan! I remember watching UNiVerse in 2003 which was the reason I started riding. I’ve probably seen it 200 times or more, and have always admired your style of riding and filming/editing. Watching Revolution One brought back all those awesome memories that got me into the sport in the first place. Your videos have had a massive impact on my life. Thanks for everything bro!

How to watch “Revolution One: A Story of Off-road Unicycling”?

If you tried watching it recently on Vimeo, you may have read the words “This video contains mature content. Log in to watch.” This might have made you unhappy :angry: as you didn’t have your password of that Vimeo account ready that you created years ago or maybe actually never.

Do not despair, because you can still watch Revolution One without creating an Vimeo account. :star_struck: The video plays without login when embedded, either Dan Heaton’s original release announcement or as follows here:

Side note: I remember being able to watch it on Vimeo without login. Presumably some laws and/or Vimeo’s policies changed in the meantime. Maybe the requirement for login differs from country to country. Anyway, enjoy! :film_strip:

6 Likes

So, I can watch every movie with mature content from vimeo, when I embed it into this forum?
e.g.