REMINDER! Unicycle Hockey, Derby, UK, 2nd July 2005.

yes, yes u do
i’ve jumped at Gourits and still dream about doing Bloukrans

one day

They look like nice places to jump. I’ve only jumped from a crane and then they wouldn’t allow me to do it from a handstand never mind being duck taped to a unicycle like Steve. I guess I need a trip to where that photo was taken, NZ I think?

Sounds like I need to start a thread showing a few photos of me doing some uni bungy and uni canyon swing. I’ll get round to it soon.:smiley:

Me too; this is the best I could make of it. Filename “Canyon Swing 1”.

Klaas Bil

Edit: “me too” doesn’t extend to the “I have got to do that someday” part.

canyon_swing_1_dce.jpg

unfortunatly i wont be able to make it now :frowning:
this house move has taken longer than expected and is going to run into tomorrow.

have fun and will see you soon

Not sure if your address (road is wrong I think) and instructions to get to the place is right. I believe this is the place and they have a great site with instructions to get there.

http://www.derby.org/wheaty/ramsnet/

Cheers

Roger

Cheers Roger - Thats the place - I’d given up on trying to do directions as it is very simple to get there but all my attempts made it look fiendishly complicated.

We’ll be there from 11.00am ish tomorrow getting things sorted out and hopefully get going as soon after 12 as possible depending on players being around and I’m hoping that we should be able to carry on later as well as I can’t imagine that anyone else will be using the pitch. failing that a short ride through the park to one of the many local pubs for post match analysis. See you all tomorrow

Roland

and again

Never mind Des we’ll no doubt have some photos/videos so you can see what you’ve missed :), see you another time.

Yep that sure is the place but if you’re coming from the M1 these are the (slightly interpreted) Autoroute directions:

Exit M1 junction 25 towards A52 Derby
Take A52 towards Derby for 7.5 miles
At roundabout, take the THIRD exit onto A61 [Sir Frank Whittle Road] for 0.9 miles
At roundabout, take the FIRST exit onto A608 [Mansfield Road] for 76 yards
Turn LEFT (West) onto Mansfield Road for 0.3 miles
At mini roundabout take second exit (straight on) onto Old Chester Road for 0.2 miles
Arrive at Darley Fields, Chester Green, Derby.

There are two car parks one next to the pitch we’re on and one smaller one next to the road, it doesn’t matter which you use.

Here’s an ariel photo of the pitch with a map overlay , it’s the red/orange square. See you all there :smiley:

after the aerial map I’m almost inspired to get a sewer map of derby just in case anyone is thinking of taking a subterranean route- so many choices just as long as you make it for the hockey

Roland