RelentlessbyFate! (Street Unicycling Database)

We could always borrow another from the skatboard community and start calling backflip, heelflips. My skater friends already call crankflips kickflips. I’ve actually slipped up and done it myself a couple times.

I think we would also need to rename sejflip to seventhflip, it makes more sens.

That’s because Max’s sideflip isn’t really a sideflip xD. Its the whole, is that a hickflip or a sex change debate… Because he doesn’t get enough rotation for it to be called a sideflip(that’s how I feel), but he definitely gets enough rotation for it to not look like a normal frontflip :s.

There’s no way we’re changing the name of a back body flip, it will always be called a backflip, because that’s simply what it is hah.

I’m gonna start saying back crankflip. Thats what I normally call them when I’m around people that don’t understand the terminology anyway so its nothing new for me.

And we should all start saying sidejump flip instead of sideflip (flip trick version of the move).

I think the relentlessbyfate web site is a really good idea i love the tutorials. and how they explain the trick very well and you talk to explain the tricks (i think is easier to get how the trick works.)

I recon we should come up with a cool new name for back flips cause backwards cranks flip is a bit of a mouth full :stuck_out_tongue: but saying that i have no idea for a new name…

Right now I don’t see why we’ve got to rename any of these flip tricks. I don’t think that right now it’s a problem at all, technically there could be ambiguity, but I mean when someone says “Holy crap Adrien just landed a flip,” nobody thinks “OMG he can crankflip?!?” When (if) full body flips ever become widespread enough that it causes confusion, then I think it’ll be time to start thinking about renaming things. And I think it’s better to deviate from the pattern rather than having these long, awful sounding names. I mean “fakie180bodyvarialwithadoublereversecrankfliptrappedinside” gets the point across, but really? I think century is good, and whoever does a 540 body varial can make up the name for that (hopefully not a year, maybe impossible or something). Skateboarding has stuff like dolphin flips…

Edit: I dunno if anyone has mentioned it yet, but RelentlessByFate is the new (and so far, only) dealer of Mad4One in the USA! :slight_smile:

Edit2: If the backflip was to be renamed, I don’t really like backcrankflip or reversecrankflip, because a crankflip was originally backwards anyway (in bmx).

It is nice when multiple communities can communicate their tricks to each other when they have little or no knowledge of the other sport. I like heelflip, short and precise, just like backflip. Would be an easy transition.

We hope to be the dealer, things are still being worked out for everything. As for backflips, we use to call them backcranks just for short. Changing a trick name will be hard to catch on unfortunately.

KH.

Yeah I dunno how changing names will work, I’m open to anything really. I’m not saying THEY HAVE TO BE CALLED ______!!! I’m just saying, I’m open to call them whatever, whatever causes the least confusion. Eventually, maybe in 10 years, maybe sooner, the names will have to change.

??? what? where? it’s not on the website.

Should have kept reading. just got excited.

On the website, under appearances, it says “rev one” 2011 uni video… What video is this that i have not seen?

Oops, mad4one.com put on facebook that it was, I guess it isn’t official yet though. :o

Revolution one, I believe Dan made it… its kind of a documentary I think?

Yeap, its not out yet.

And did you guys notice that your aerials tut isn’t on the site anymore? I still saw it on your youtube channel, so I guessed that it was a mistake.

There are two tutorials that haven’t been embed yet on the website. This is the bad thing about not being able to work on the site. It’s very frustrating and unmotivating. There is a lot of other work I would like to do on it but can’t. I would currently check the youtube channel more than the website for awhile.

Why can’t you work on the site?

Cause I have been working on it and have been lazy haha. Im currently getting everything up to date and should have most everything updated in the next day or two.

KH.