Pure Trial Riders

What tube is that? Phil would love something that lasts longer than a few days.

He should get better form obviously, money is worth too much.:smiley:

Warning, it weighs 450grams.

I got mine from Canadian Tire, but that doesn’t help you.
I’ve had the same 4.2 tube for three years. Survived two broken rims, extremely bad landings, and many many tire changes.

Yeah, pump up his ire a bit and not huck himself into some many ledges would save his tube, but thats not his style. =p

Thats a good weight. I was looking at other 19/20x2.3 tubes and they were just under 1kg. Redicoulous to me.

Still waiting for pictures of you setup Danni :roll_eyes:

Peter M

Does anyone have any advise for doing standstills during before jumping? Specifically where to keep hands, and if I should be sitting or standing and that transition? Thnx

Im 200% pure trials rider, just ask MrBoogieJuice. He is infact 300% trials rider. We eat sleep and breath trials. Sometimes we eat eachother as were full of trials.
My perfect setup would be a 12" nimbus with plastic pedals and a drilled rim to save weight.

AD, you want to be standing, ready to lean into your jump. I find it best to hold the saddle in one hand, legs slightly bent, with the other hand out for balance (looking like im waving down a taxi).

Joe, Trials guru

ive recently got back into riding uni’s, im 100% trials now, whereas before i was around 60% trials - 40% road/29er

Im riding:

Qu-ax splined trials uni with
KH red trim saddle
DMR V8 peddles

Alas, I popped it a few days ago. My lucky tube:( . I put a patch on it, and it’s doing great now!

To answer your question ADjuggler,
Try and do lines with the least amount of correctional hops as possible. Going up stairs one, two, three, etc at a time without breaks is a good exercise. It will come to you fairly quickly.

I will have another, more or less, pure trials vid finished soonish. Depends how much I can get filmed this week. I have just got back from riding in bristol, been riding for about 5 hours solid. I found a nice ledge that was about 97cm and I was hitting it almost every try. I didnt film much though because it was pretty wet, only got a couple of shots.

Whens your trials course vid going to be done danni? soon right?

I have the footage, but not enough of it. It’s been raining non stop for four days now, so I couldn’t get more. It’ll have to wait.

I don’t know how much it weighs, but I have heard good things about the IRC trials tube (actually for motocross).

http://www.trialsin.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_52&products_id=44

I was going to order one of those, but I dont want to spend much on a tube.

I found a 20"x2.3" 2.25mm thick tube for 4$ that ill probably order, and with shipping, its only 8$.

Stop being a cheap ass:D . I’ve had my tube for three years. Cost me $15. If you pop a tube every two weeks, (which I was doing after I changed my tube out), that’s quite a bit more in the long run.

Yeah, thats what I told Phil. I dont pop mine all too much, but would like the added security of a thicker, wider tube. Kinda like moving from a plastic base to a CF base.

I use patches though, instead of buying a new tube each time. My current tube has 3 patches on it haha. A pack of 50 glueless patches is pretty cheap, specially when compared to buying 50 tubes.

Being cheap is fun though. I save money and still get a good product.

How well does the 4" wide tire fit into the tire? Seems like there would be a lot of flab.

The tube fits fine. Make sure to uncrease it before you but you tire on. Besides being really durable, it “feels” very squishy. I love my lucky tube, even if it weighs twice the normal weight.

Nice. Im down to that tire, or some thicker ones, that are less wide.

Ill order them once my tube I got today pops. My last tube had the valve rip off right as I got done pumping it up and going to put the wheel back in the frame.

i ride a k1 red hair (no longer available) with a kh frame. although i currently hav a kh saddle cause i broke my k1 saddle and i also hav a brandless seat post cause i snapped my tryall reinforced one and it costs too much to order k1 parts to australia. i’ll be getting a new uni in about 2-3 months prob. my dreams? i would hav to say to win the the trials at unicon in new zealand in 2009-2010.

Not a dream for me because i know i will win :sunglasses:

bring it on

I’m hopeless at trials, to scared, don’t have any faith in myself… oh well…