Pure Trial Riders

I agree with the maestro, plus riding backwards is a huge help no matter what kind of riding you do, if only for the fact that it makes you more versatile and stable all around. Definitely something to learn, but if you’re good at trials without it then more power to ya.

Haha, I can’t ride more then 4 rotations max. backwards either :stuck_out_tongue:

Peter M

A light uni is much more flickable. I love how many people say that light unis are a waste of time and money, but everybody that ever tries mine loves it and can go bigger. My uni is 4.6 Kg, and I can tell you that it makes a difference. A KH is not a light unicycle. The pedals/seat/cranks/seatclamp are all heavy, and overkill for my style of riding.

Happy uniing.

Any trials rider that can flip is a traitor, you traitor!:). I’ve been trying to land flips, but they still elude me.

Kevin M can’t ride backwards to save his life. Riding backwards is useful for setting up rolling hop lines.

Are you serious? Give me the specs, please.

Thomson masterpiece seatpost 80g
Omni seat post clamp + ti bolt 6g
KH frame + ti bolts for bearing housing (got a wicked deal for em)
SWallis seat + Street fusion and foam (thinned quite a bit)
Tensiles
nimbus hub
KH rim
16" tube
MG1 welgo pedals
EC tire

4.6kg, I assure you.

I was riding trials the whole time! I fooled you good didn’t I?!

A guy really can’t get away with any hyperbole around you can they?

My uni just got whipped, wow how long have you had those babys for?

I find flips real easy now.
Adding tricks to trial lines is always fun, like doing a trial line and in the midle do a 360 unispin and 360 hop of the line, and stuff like that.

Peter M

Have you built that Profile hub into a wheel yet? Based on what you’ve said of the weight, your uni would be even lighter.

Like to see some pictures of it Danni :slight_smile:

Peter M

It’s pretty much impossible to be a “pure” trials rider. Coasting, gliding, and 360 unispins aren’t really trials.

i could always ride back wards,i never had to learn

im real close to being pure trials by the implied definition in this thread (i can ride one foot)
but its not what you know, its what you do

so you guys are thinking of this is the wrong light.

first off, you totally need to know how to ride one footed to be a trails rider… haven’t you ever landed with only one foot on the pedal but still stuck the landing, thats all thanks to that one footed practice

and those crank flips and unispins, those help train stability. what really makes you a pure trials rider is when you go out for a ride you just do trials, but when you practice its ok to do flips and things

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

exactly

I’m not a pure trials rider for sure, but I do enjoy riding Trials. It’s my favourite type of riding.

Trials…I spit at you!

What’s using a 16" tube like? Is it any different to a trials tube? And how much lighter is it?

BTW, that’s damn light, but must of cost a lot!

A 16" tube will last 2 weeks of hard riding. I now have my heavy duty 4.2 inch tube cause I kept on getting flats.