Production 32"?

OT, but do you mind measuring the outside width of the rim? I’m curious.

For reference, my 36er has a 42mm Nimbus Stealth 2 rim and a 2.25" Nightrider tyre.

The rim measures 32mm (outside). The inflated tire measures 55mm.

Qu-Ax rims are 32mm width, with the TA tyre being 2.25" too I think :smiley:

Latest information I got directly from Roger Davies 2 months ago were not fine. The tyre company firstly agreed to deliver a batch of 500 tyres which is quite huge for the unicycling industry and a new product but after that they changed their mind. It would need to develop a complete new tyre tooling as 32" is very specific size … and this is just far too expensive for the expected sales. What a pity …

Latest news???

Maybe I missed it somewhere else, but any updates on a production 32er? Bueller, Bueller, Roger, anyone?

This thread has the latest info that I’m aware of. Last word was April, or thereabouts.

Thanks!

Thanks lance, I thought I’d read it somewhere, but didn’t manage to find it again under that obscure thread! Looking forward to building up a new 32er wheel for a spare 36 frame I have.

Cheers,

Dmac

Yes, it is on our next container. Looks at the moment like Mid April.

Tyre test

Finally got round to putting the test video together for the new tyre :slight_smile:

Great video, thanks. Makes me want to get a 32’ next. I’ve got a 36’ already. I would also like to ride a 29er… Too many choices :roll_eyes:

Mid April is Over and UDC.UK mentionnes “Coming early May 2016”
http://www.unicycle.uk.com/32-nimbus-oracle-unicycle-grey.html

I wonder if it will be possible to use a 32 wheel in a Nightfox frame and lower the seat all the way down to the wheel. It looks like the fork “flattens” towards the bearing holders, so maybe not?

you’ll have the same inseam, so it would work if you can ride a standard nightfox, but if you mean a nightfox style frame for even shorter people, you could cut the legs of the green part of the frame and re-notch them to make it fit. You’d have to find clamps that fit the frame legs, because you’d lop off the integrated clamps. Not sure what size they are.

Couldn’t you just cut the legs that fit into the frame?

Never mind.

That’s what I meant. Thanks.

Looks like some non-prototype photos are up on the UK UDC site. Not sure how long they’ve been there.

Looks great! This is exciting!

Weld-on brake mount… nice! :sunglasses:

I’m liking the grey.