Potentially expensive

what i mean was to reduce the size of the part of the crank that the nut pushes up against, i realised this was possible because this happened to my hub i found a set of cranks where this distance was smaller,
a little picure may help explain

the material marked in blue may be removed to ensure that the nut fastens further down the thread

crank.png

Re: Re: Potentially expensive

I stand corrected
Having attacked the hub with a file to try to clean it up with no joy it was evident that the temper is akin to that on a file ie. quite good. So I didn’t try to drill it.

Re: Re: Potentially expensive

I used to, back at home… but here in studentland I have no mallet. I have a hammer, but no bits of wood to go in between. There’s only so much jumping up and down on your uni you can do before people asking questions. :slight_smile:

Methinks some scavenging is required…

Phil, just me

My big pet peeve with standard unicycle hubs is the darned outie threads and that stupid retaining nut.

When are the good standard unicycle hubs (like the Suzue) going to use internal threads in the spindle (axle) like the bikes have been using for years?

I’ll take this question even one step further … When are ALL unicycle hubs going to be splined? In the not-too-distant future all new bicycle bottom brackets and cranks will be splined so why not unicycles too?

Steve Howard