Pot and Unicycling

I smoke weed now and then, I’ve never bothered to ride anything challenging while high, although I have ridden down my road (I live down a track…not putting anyone in danger) a few times while high and it just doesn’t compare to riding a bike while high.

Then again, I don’t ride with anyone else who smokes pot and I refuse to smoke the stuff on my own.

I have seen this out in the world, in many offers for drugs when I’ve unicycled in urban areas. On the one hand, I get the association in terms of “alternative” activities. On the other hand, the association doesn’t make sense because unicycling is a difficult athletic activity that takes concentration and effort. In that sense, it’s very anti-drugs.

Unicycling is my drug; I don’t need any others. Not to feel cool, and not to feel better.

I challenge you (or anyone else) to prove this in any meaningful way. The effects of alcohol on the system are well known and well-documented. Even a little bit starts to make you sloppy. Going bigger may work for hitting desired tricks, but the associated lessening of fear is exactly what kills people with drunk drivers on the roads.

I’m not real clear on the distinction between cannabis and marijuana. Marijuana is very much not legal federally. However it is legal for medical purposes in the state of California. This creates lots of problems when you have a conflict between the state and federal laws like this, which often ends in the sellers of medical marijuana being arrested and charged…

perfectly said!

and sorry to keep posting in this while it is in RSU

In most colloquial uses, cannabis = marijuana. But to be more specific, cannabis is the shortened scientific name (cannabis sativa) for the plant from which marijuana comes.

You can buy the Vodka, I’ll buy the orange juice.

Screwdrivers are my drink of choice.

As you know, I can’t buy alcohol yet.

Though, oddly enough, this thread makes me recall the Olympic Snowboarders who gave marijuana the reputation of a “performance enhancing” drug.

Ever played Amped 3?

for me depends a lot

if iam focusing my training for new tricks and things that i need more creativity i usually ride really high.

but when my training will take more of my body i like to be clean

And there was that Olympic skier who only skied drunk…the guy whose ski broke in the middle of the race and he finished on only one ski, who was that guy?

body miller…?

Chase

THATS THE GUY!
wait no maybe it’s not…

Hope no one saw my post, now deleted upon 2nd thought.

Someone kill this thread!

Been smoking for more than a third of my life (green not cigs) and riding for a year, Riding blazed is much more intense and for me adventurous its more like a videogame but not really any harder than while straight

Cheefing helps my fluidity and style but makes me more cautious when attempting something risky
But I smoke all day every day so it would be way different for someone with no tolerance

and don’t assume people who smoke do it to be/feel cool

and it’s not similar to alcohol, not even close, but it is a REAL cure for a hangover

Liberty, freedom from government oppression, is one of the basic principles this nation (USA) was founded on? I can’t grow a certain flower in my home and consume it in private? punishable by many years in federal (fuck me in the ass) prison? we got screwed

I met this girl at a party and because she went to same college is me i kept calling her emy enw college buddy over and over again lol

Well said. I think I was wrong, at least the folks into unicycling who post on here don’t see to be attracted to weed as a demographic. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I firmly believe that pot smoking should not be considered offensive. Providing the user keeps his/her smoke private and does not push the drug on others, there should be no conflict.

In Canada it is illegal to posess marjuana, but in my experience that law is not strictly enforced unless trafficing is obvious.

I guess I just figured that a lot of us unicyclists were the free spirit types, but i should have realized that obviously you can be this without MJ.

A lot of people in the US are extremely prudish and hypocritical when it comes to drugs. It’s kind of sad to get attacked by abstainers when you were clearly asking a simple question of anyone but them.

Personally, my favorite recreational drug is caffeine. It has a huge effect on my mood and my reaction times. It’s highly addictive though, and I don’t want to acclimate or depend on it, so I only use it a couple times a week. (Most people I know hit that beast a few times a day!) I haven’t tried it with unicycling though. It seems like they wouldn’t mix well. Unicycling amps me up enough; the last thing I need on top of that is a stimulant. I’d probably just end up riding too fast and crashing hard. Does anyone here do caffeine and unicycling? (If you’re anti-caffeine, you don’t need to chime in. I’m just asking the caffeine users.)

John Childs had a quadruple espresso before I went riding with him in Seattle.

I think that explains a lot.

Au contraire…

Nice, Haha!

I went riding last night and saw some people i knew at the park so stopped and got pissed with them…
I CANNOT ride my uni while pissed - it was too hard to mount (like i was learning) and on the few times i did get up i’d ride for a short distance then fall back on my bum.
I was fun though!
*note to self… never try it again!