Post Your Unis Here!

Yeah, when you put them next to each other like that, it makes sense. I can see why the isis is a much stronger design.
Josh, the guy that I ride with, has been riding for about 5 years now and he has always had square tapered and not yet snapped one. I figure that I’ll just ride mine 'til it breaks.

Your cranks may go first, thats what started to happen with me.

That’s the whole point of buying £10 cranks though. I am very aware that they won’t last as long, but until I can justify spending 4 times as much on some moments I will stick with the cheaper ones. Plus, I don’t know if I’m going to switch to Isis anytime soon, so it would be a complete waste of money to buy expensive cranks that will end up sitting in my garage whilst I’m having to buy a new set that are Isis specific.

My Unis:

I use my normal uni most time for Freestyle
My first uni is now a kangaroo.

SP_A0152.jpg

Finished.

Uni small.jpg

Uni small 2.jpg

Uni small 3.jpg

Uni small 4.jpg

Thats real nice, how’d you paint it?

Is that your ride?
Looks sweet, I wanted a red rim and clamp to (black mirror isn’t so great)

Peter M

My upgraded 36" Qu-ax:

Taken with my mobile phone, so they’re not that great

The red and white looks good enough to eat.

THat’s nice Jerrick. How did you do it? Did you paint it or use different thicknesses of electrical tape? You definitely put more effort in than I did! I’m gonna presume it’s painted seeing as it looks like you took your whole wheel apart just for the new design!
Nice job.

Looks sweet!:D:D:D

Looks to me like you taped your rim, painted it, and then pealed off the tape.

yer It does a little

I don’t get how they get that to be 4900 gram.
They must have a wrong scale.
I have the same setup with lighter tire (Monty Eagle Claw), alu seatpost, CF sadle and magnesium pedals.
And mine setup is around 5100gram
Still, nice ride!

Peter M

Damn thats a nice rim!
Can i use your idea, and do the same? because that is awesome

Yep, thats what I did.

The worst part was that Walmart didnt have many widths of painters tape, so I had to use a razor and cut out tiny strips. lol

After a few coats, then taking the tape off, I did a few clear coats and called it good. Rims dont get beat up all too bad anyways.

EDIT: You dont need to ask me to use that design. Go for it. =p

that would be copying and therefore not as cool for the other person. that is an uber sick rim though.

Stop copying catinabag1 by suggesting someone is copying.

haha :smiley:

Well i really think it looks uber-cool, but it takes lots of time to take the rim out, and the pins or whatever they’re called that keeps the rim and the hub together… aren’t they hard to get back on? my dad said it wouldn’t be a good idea to do it because it will need professionals to get the rim back on… but he’s stupid, so i don’t trust him… anyway… how did you do it? >.<:o

Well, if you have a spoke key/wrench, taking the nipples off is easy. Just be carefull about taking the spokes out. You dont want to clamp the threads or kink them. But once the nipples are off, the hub and spokes slide out of the rim easily (make sure your cranks already are off) and then pulling out the spokes is easy.

Putting it back isnt too hard either. There are some really good guides online to follow. Just take it slow and easy, and dont get frustrated, and you should be fine, then take it to a bike shop to get it trued, or even try that part for yourself.