Post Your MUni here!

new wheelset…

not the recommend combination, but for me it works great! schlumpf with disc brake is perfect!

IMG_2777.jpg

the brake is super smooth like the one on my Impulse. It works great for me but I’m not doing DH as steep as descents as Terry and Turtle.
The tire swap was discussed in this thread. I probably should’ve stuck with the Duro longer than just the first two rides. It was cushy (in a good way) on roots and, coming from a 36er I had no trouble with the extra weight. Haven’t really had a chance to test the Maxxis 2.5" tire properly just yet but it is much lighter even with the new Moment cranks (weigh more than the frame) and SpeedPlay Drillium pedals.

Time to post my muni!

Just a stock standard KH24. I’ll post more pictures when (or if) I get a brake.

just wondering those holes in the kh moments on your uni, do those make it noticeabley lighter, and does it make them feel any different

geared Muni finally together

/Users/petermorgan/Desktop/IMG_1975.jpg

Geared Muni finally coming together

finally have all the pieces, and getting them together.
so happy

IMG_1975.jpg

Similar question: So does drilling them (which makes them weaker) that much still make them stronger than say VentureIIs or comparable cranks which are pretty light and strong?

I have a pair of 140/165’s that I drilled the same as scott’s. That’s four 3/4" holes per crank. I saved about 125 grams/pair with the older style moments. I’ve been riding mine for about a year and cannot feel any flex. I have a pair of older 150’s that I drilled five 5/8th inch holes in and saved a similar amount of weight. I don’t ride 150’s anymore, but they took a lot of abuse and are still in good condition.

Well, I’m about done tweaking with my Muni and I’m very happy with the result. It has been really interesting moving from a 24-26 but I am very happy with the result. This is now my one and only, do everything off road unicycle.

Here is the parts List:

QX series alu 26" frame
QX series Black/gold Carbon seat post.
QX series TI bolt set.
UDC carbon fibre seat base
Custom KH slim foam on false, sculpted base.
Custom 2 prong enduro handle (drilled for weight)
Prolite Handlebar tape
Magura Frankenbrake from Brycer (mix of HS22/33 parts)
KH/Schlumpf Hub
47mm KH freeride rim
Maxxis ardent 2.4 folding bead tyre
Ghetto tubeless set up with 20" BMX tube rim strip and stans sealant
2.0 DT swiss spokes with Brass nips.
KH moment 137mm cranks
Impact Knockout low profile metal pinned pedals.

This thing eats up trail for breakfast. The lighter wheel means I can push through sections in high gear that previously had me downshifting. It also rolls over loose trail chatter easier and is less likely to get stuck in big divets/against logs. The cranks size/wheel size works so very well with the gearing of the Hub. In 1:1 you have heaps of leverage for techy descents, and ass busting climbs- but at the same time it is nice and fast if the trail is too unpredictable for high gear riding. High gear is smooth, and the range of leg motion with the slightly longer cranks (compared to my 125s on my old 24) means you are using your muscles more efficiently. The cranks are short enough though, that you can still easily shift without having to be constantly re-arranging your feet on the pedals.

A big thanks to Mark and Kevin Wharton at Unicycle.com.au and QX series for the support and sponsorship this year. I’m really looking forward to representing you at UNICON and the Grischa Muni challenge later on this year.

Mark

IMG_3941.jpg

24" nimbus. Love it.

1a.jpg

4a.jpg

My seat clamp stripped out on my nimbus 24" today! I’m no beginner to clamps so I feel the bolts were too short and didn’t bite into the other side enough.
I went to the hardware store and got black bolts about 1/4" longer. I’m a tad pissed because its one day old but overall I think they make it look tougher and they work like a charm!

seat clamp.jpg

Time to post my muni!

Completely stock KH24. Got it last Christmas but haven’t posted it yet. I’ll be posting more pictures once I get a brake.

Not an uncommon problem, stripped a few myself over the years, just contact UDC and they’ll send you a replacement.

Personally, I’d spend $30 and get a Salsa QR clamp, makes seat adjustments a breeza, I have them on all my unis. Maybe they’d give you a deal on one in lieu of the replacement Nimbus clamp :smiley:

I had the same problem on my 24 inch Green Muni from UDC. I recommend calling UDC, because I used their “Contact Us” form months ago and still haven’t received a response. It’s the first negative experience I’ve had with UDC.

Ben, what size is the Salsa for a KH frame?

Also, I was checking this thread to see your 36 muni, and am sad that it’s not here yet. :frowning:

The Hope QR collar are superior to Salsa QR, imo. I’ve owned both and the Salsa went south in short order. but all my Hopes are still like new. 31.8mm fits the 27.2 KH. The Salsa is less expensive if money’s a factor, and it’s still a decent clamp.

I have three Salsas and two Hopes, the Hopes are nice because they have a brass bushing to keep the lever from eating into the clamp hinge/pivot and they can be fine adjusted by hand using the knurled knob on the opposite side from the QR. If you can wait for the shipment, Hope QR clamps can be ordered on sale from Chain Reaction Cycles in the UK.

If you order a Salsa, get one in black, the anodizing makes the QR wear better, like an impromptu brass bushing.

28.6 OD for Nimbus
31.8-32.0 OD for KH

My 36er Nimbus Impulse “Muni”

The “family”

Those look awesome Ben.

I think I sense a theme…

And I have 3 Salsa quick releases. Never had any problems with any of them. In my opinion they are well worth the money.

Nice!
I like the Coker Non-Skid tire on my 36er for mixed riding (not that I’ve tried any other 36er tire). Great grip in all conditions, and still seems to roll fine on pavement. Only downside it’s that it’s heavy.
Did you get that with a steel axle, or are you going to risk aluminum on a “muni”?

Yeah, hey Ben, how do you feel about disc brakes? :slight_smile: