Post Your MUni here!

I got some moments and hamilton pedals!!!

429789_3014975706696_1631690427_2516448_903505579_n.jpg

Oooooh look at that sweet new ride!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Its alot faster with 150s! I love it!

No I meant the suburu. :smiley:

Wont be here for long. i miss having atruck so truck time

I have brakes!!! Yay!

Check this link -http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92005

new video!

a short video showing what Muni is all about! having fun and shredding berms! with shots from a Uni-Cable-Cam!

enjoy!

First post let get some pictures up of my MUni… What do people think? :sunglasses:

I think it looks good and shiny.
Nice details, blue tube valve (is that the right word?), red brake pads, yellow brakes and carbon fibre crank stops.

Wouldn’t you like an adjustable seatpost?
Tilting the saddle nose up makes it more comfortable.

the pedals are my only issue! they feel super flexy sometimes!

That muni looks amazing! I normaly dont really like “non-colored” unis, but this one is sick. The only thing I’d change on it would be the pedals, I’d have some really gippy metal pedals on that. How do you like the K-1 133mm (they are 133mm right?) for Muni?

Cheers guys, hmm not a fan of the adjustable seatposts… plus more weight.

As for the pedals I found them to be so much gripper than my old DX and there so much lighter??

And the 133 are really good wouldn’t rate the quality of the actual cranks them selfs but them being that bit shorter makes them funnn!

:sunglasses:

Interesting, I replaced my Nimbus Muni pedals with DX Muni pedals and found the DX provide more grip.

New 36er MUni viddy! :sunglasses:

YUMMY! I want a 36er so bad!

Triton 26" and 29" w/ MountainUni Brake

Parts:
Triton 29er Frame w/ Mountain Uni brake tab.
Mountain Uni Rotor
Cranks: Sinz 165mm (29er); 145mm (26)
Seat: KH Fusion Freeride, Gray cover
Seatpost: KH Adjustable
Brake Caliper/Lever: Hope Tech X2 Evo, Silver/Black w/ Silver Braided Line
Hubs: KH Moment, CroMoly
Rims: KH Freeride, 47mm wide. 26 & 29
Spokes/nipples: Sapim straight SS, Silver. Brass nipples
Rim Strips: KH: Blue (26), White (29)
Presto valvels in both tubes.
Tires: Maxxis Ardent 26x2.4; Schwalbe Big Apple 29x2.35
Post clamp: Integrated w/ Frame, Ti wet black bolt.
Spooner: KH (getting this to fit the Hope handle, pain in the butt)
Pedals: Wellgo MG-52 (26); Oddyssey Twisted Clear (29)

I did the wheel builds myself; the single toughest item was getting the spooner to fit; finding the clearance for the rotor was a matter of replacing the standard 6mm spacer between the crank and bearing with an 8mm; cutting the steel braided line and getting the olive back on it… not too much fun either. I used the Park cable cutter, which is probably fine for non-braided lines. Adding the steel braid added another level of complexity to the project.

In retrospect, the braided line only adds weight and looks and an extra $10.

The 26er isn’t fully tested with the brake yet… the 29er has been on a few trial runs so far… just enough to scuff up the seat handle.

What a fun project.

Thanks to Jeff and Eric at MountainUni for fielding my seemingly endless questions. And Tom at Toronto Cycles for his excellent customer service with getting me the correct Ti and Al bolts and washers. And Ben at Serious Juggling for fleshing out my parts list and hooking me up with the cut to length spokes/nipples for both wheel builds.

Also received excellent fulfillments at UDC and Jenson USA.

Here is my Muni:

It is a nimbus Nomad that I bought from UDC during their Christmas sale.

-White Kris Holm Street seat
-Nimbus steel round crown 29’er frame
-Nimbus 32 hole isis hub
-KH 32 hole rim
-Kenda Nevegal 29"x2.2" tire
-150mm Venture cranks
-White Nimbus studded pedals
-Magura HS33 from Brycer

I painted it metallic purple yesterday, but the paint got funky, so up close it looks somewhat iffy; I may re-strip it in a couple of weeks and try out some red.

DSCF0797.jpg

Hey Biped, those are some nice unis, but you need to get that muni dirty!

I’m in Knoxville, TN, can you meet to ride sometime, maybe near Ashville or Johnson City?

My New QX series 26" Geared Mountain Unicycle.

QX Series Alu frame, Schlumpf hub, QX series Carbon seat post, UDC carbon seat base, 137mm KH moment cranks, Impact knockout pedals, KH free ride 26" rim, HS22/33 Magura Franken brake, Maxxis Ardent 26x2.4 folding bead tyre, Self designed custom handlebar, DT Swiss 2.0 stainless steel spokes.

A big thanks to Mark Wharton and Kevin Wharton for all their help through www.unicycle.com.au. Looking forward to representing them and the QX Series brand at UNICON XVI in Italy.

Mark

IMG_3885.JPG

My 26 Muni

• Frame: QX Muni frame - aluminum
• Seatclamp: 2-Bolt QX clamp
• Seatpost: 25.4mm aluminum seat post with gusset
• Saddle: Qu-ax Trials saddle
• Cranks: Qu-ax Cr-Mo ISIS 145
• Pedals: BMX metal pedals
• Hub: 48 hole Qu-ax ISIS
• Rim: double walled rim, with eyelets, 40mm wide
• Tyre: Maxxis Minion DH 26x2.5